NYC Shopping Info

helloivy20

Aug 26, 2021
Hi guys! I’m going to NYC for Christmas and want to get myself a Goyard. I’m pregnant with my first child so I want to treat myself. I’m sure it’ll be busy so what would be the best way to go about it? Should I expect a long line? I’m thinking of going on the 26th. I sent a request for an appointment but no answer. :sad:
Thank you!

I'm wondering whether lines are associated with when they receive shipments. I visited on November 16; no line, and the store was EMPTY. They were expecting a delivery of new products on November 17, and I was told to return on November 18 in case the color I wanted arrived. When I returned on November 18, I waited in line with 5 other people. Incidentally, the stock at BG that week was very limited; I was told BG wouldn't be receiving any Artois models for 3 months! Meanwhile, 63rd Street had plenty in various colorways.

I was at Hermes yesterday. Walked right in even though I had an appointment later. Goyard had a long line. I’d planned to stop in and inquire about the new Louise. Didn’t give it a thought after I saw the line.

Reactions: helloivy20
Just like the others said: go to Bergdorf Goodman first. Maybe you will be lucky and find there what you are looking for before you have to go to Goyard and deal with them lol.

Gosh, I am so irritated with some brands and their pretend exclusivity and fake scarcity. If I did not truly like some of their products, I would love nothing more but to boycott them lol.

I have a LV Neverfull GM, which is great, indestructible and looks really good on my tall frame, but is otherwise impractical, because it IS big. I had been carrying a Madewell leather tote for 5 years as well, whenever I felt the Neverfull would be in my way, which was too often, so I started looking for an alternative tote.

I really wanted a lightweight canvas piece. Neverfull MM just does not look good on me. I also wanted a zipper. I actually looked into Celine Cabas, which is leather and has no zipper, but it looks great and would be a great luxury alternative to my Madewell tote. I even contemplated the Mansur Gavriel tote. Anyway, none of them checked all the boxes like the Artois MM: canvas, lightweight, but sturdy, zipper, smaller than NF GM but bigger than MM, etc.

I write to Goyard and experience total silence of course. In the meantime I also contact Bergdorf G for the first time and get a very personable, friendly SA to assist me. She texted me and sent pictures. At first they did not have what I was looking for and when she put me on the wait list, I never thought it would actually happen. But just in a few days I got my bag!

So, I had my Artois for weeks when an email from Goyard found its way into my inbox saying, due to high demand, their bags can be purchased only in one of their “comptoirs” and they are thanking me for my interest in their “Maison”. lol

I have a masters degree in French and I still could not stand that email and the pretentiousness. I actually want one more of their pieces, but I won’t be going to their comptoirs for sure. Just can’t deal with that attitude. It is a sad boycott I know, but the flesh is weak, I am a victim of consumerism, etc etc…

I have a St. Louis that I bought several years ago…pre-pandemic. I called Bergdorf Goodman to order, which went smoothly…I think I asked for a specific SA someone here recommended. I was surprised that when I received my bag, it had been sent directly from Goyard in New York, not from BG.

Just like the others said: go to Bergdorf Goodman first. Maybe you will be lucky and find there what you are looking for before you have to go to Goyard and deal with them lol.

Gosh, I am so irritated with some brands and their pretend exclusivity and fake scarcity. If I did not truly like some of their products, I would love nothing more but to boycott them lol.

I have a LV Neverfull GM, which is great, indestructible and looks really good on my tall frame, but is otherwise impractical, because it IS big. I had been carrying a Madewell leather tote for 5 years as well, whenever I felt the Neverfull would be in my way, which was too often, so I started looking for an alternative tote.

I really wanted a lightweight canvas piece. Neverfull MM just does not look good on me. I also wanted a zipper. I actually looked into Celine Cabas, which is leather and has no zipper, but it looks great and would be a great luxury alternative to my Madewell tote. I even contemplated the Mansur Gavriel tote. Anyway, none of them checked all the boxes like the Artois MM: canvas, lightweight, but sturdy, zipper, smaller than NF GM but bigger than MM, etc.

I write to Goyard and experience total silence of course. In the meantime I also contact Bergdorf G for the first time and get a very personable, friendly SA to assist me. She texted me and sent pictures. At first they did not have what I was looking for and when she put me on the wait list, I never thought it would actually happen. But just in a few days I got my bag!

So, I had my Artois for weeks when an email from Goyard found its way into my inbox saying, due to high demand, their bags can be purchased only in one of their “comptoirs” and they are thanking me for my interest in their “Maison”. lol

I have a masters degree in French and I still could not stand that email and the pretentiousness. I actually want one more of their pieces, but I won’t be going to their comptoirs for sure. Just can’t deal with that attitude. It is a sad boycott I know, but the flesh is weak, I am a victim of consumerism, etc etc…

Totally agree with you! Forget about contacting their customer service/Maison/corporate/whatever dept, they will never reply. They try to create exclusivity hoping to drive up demands. But as bad as their SAs at the maisons, it’s still better than Hermes SA’s attitude! I’ve been to 3 goyard stores in 3 different cities, 2 (in europe) were very nice, 1 (in the US) was meh. I’ve been to many H stores and 99.99% of them were snobbish. Simply annoying

What did you end up getting??
Bergdorf is the best place to get Goyard in NYC in my opinion. Congrats! I’m currently waiting for them to restock the white gm St. Louis!
[/QUOTE]
Thank you! I got the St. Louis PM in the yellow. They only had that color and orange. Hope you get yours soon! :smile:

• Love
Reactions: 880
What did you end up getting??
Bergdorf is the best place to get Goyard in NYC in my opinion. Congrats! I’m currently waiting for them to restock the white gm St. Louis!
Thank you! I got the St. Louis PM in the yellow. They only had that color and orange. Hope you get yours soon! :smile:
[/QUOTE]

Oh I love the pm in yellow! It’s on my wish list.
Miriam told me she thinks it’ll be a few weeks before they get a restock of stuff. It’s hard to be patient… haha
Enjoy your yellow pm! Can you show us some pics??

Reactions: 880