NYC on Friday, April 18th

marla523

O.G.
May 7, 2006
Long Island, NY
Anybody want to meet to go shopping this Friday, at Barneys and Balenciaga in Manhattan? I'm going and wanted some company. :smile:

Also, does anyone know what styles these stores have in Bouton d'or? I would love a First or a Day....

juneping

couch potato-ing
O.G.
Jun 11, 2007
NYC
i'd love to but i have a dinner plan already....sorry
barneys have the bouton d'or in cities....i recall.

Bethc

O.G.
Oct 7, 2007
I can't :tdown:, but I will tell you that the Pope will be here on Friday, he's speaking at the UN and causing a real traffic nightmare. If you were planning on driving in, you may be better off waiting until he leaves.

naling

O.G.
May 9, 2007
DC
www.heartbrainfist.blogspot.com
Hi! I have work + dinner plans, otherwise I would LOVE to go with you!

I actually went to Barneys today during lunch, and all they really have are GH bags. And the only first that was on display was a tomato red.

As for the Bouton D'or, I only saw GH! However, at Balenciaga (I went last week...hahaha) they have RH firsts, city, and I think a work.

Hope you get something! and then post pictures!!!

ChiChi143

O.G.
Jun 13, 2007
New York
I'd love to go shopping with you, but I'm leaving Friday to go away for Spring break. Have fun and post pics of your goodies :yes:

ikaesmallz

♥ CL ♥
O.G.
Aug 28, 2006
NYC
Aww man I just went on Tuesday to Barney's to get my envelope clutch! I could've went with you!!

But from what I remember of the bouton d'or, they had a city, a day with GGH and I THINK regular hardware. Anyways, have fun! Too bad I can't join you. If I had the money I would LOL

marla523

O.G.
May 7, 2006
Long Island, NY
Hi...did you come in/buy anything??
I did. I went to Barneys, didn't see anything I liked. Went to Balenciaga, but the SA was unfriendly and unhelpful, for some reason. I asked to see a few things from the back room, but the leather on the yellow and the turquoise wasn't great... :sad:

So, I ended up going to Saks and bought a white Chanel bag instead.:smile:

karenab

O.G.
Mar 16, 2007
Yay on the Chanel....!! I wonder if you were seen by the evil Leo at Barneys....

There's a few sa's there that are unfriendly. There's just 2 that I love.

Jan 27, 2008
The 206!
Leo is NOT nice at all. Argggg. I called and asked about a bag, and he never called OR emailed me back. I tried again a few days later AND HE HUNG UP ON ME! I won't deal with the Barneys in NY; no nice SA's that I've come across!!