Travel NYC - must eat restaurants?

Any pizza place with the name Ray in it is usually good.........the hottest pizza in NYC right now is called Artichoke Pizza on 14th street. Lombardi's has a white clam pizza that is to die for.....go across the street for dessert at Rice To Riches for the most awesome rice pudding ever!

When I was last there, we went on the Brooklyn pizza tour! Yes, seriously there is such a thing and it was a blast. Saw bits of the city I would never have seen with a great, fun guide, discovered more pizza secrets than I knew even existed and finally ate wonderful pizza. Well worth checking out if you've time.

When I was last there, we went on the Brooklyn pizza tour! Yes, seriously there is such a thing and it was a blast. Saw bits of the city I would never have seen with a great, fun guide, discovered more pizza secrets than I knew even existed and finally ate wonderful pizza. Well worth checking out if you've time.

Did you go to Grimaldi's in Brooklyn?

I know we did it on our own and it was a fun trip since we also walked across the brooklyn bridge back to manhattan and then headed to the south seaport from there.

Good food - and there was a line up even in the rain!

I didn't try a lot of pizza places when I was in NY recently, but I also agree on Lombardi's. That was the one pizza place we tried and it was the most delicious pizza I've had.

so glad you posted this totemama!! The BF and I are going to NYC Aug 10 and 11 and he wants to get some pizza (he has never been to NYC) b/c his friend from NY keeps telling him how great it is.

Did you go to Grimaldi's in Brooklyn?

I know we did it on our own and it was a fun trip since we also walked across the brooklyn bridge back to manhattan and then headed to the south seaport from there.

Good food - and there was a line up even in the rain!

We did and it was fantastic! Honestly, when the tour was first suggested I wasn't keen at all, but went in an act of compromise because of all the time I had spent shopping :shame:sad:!) Anyway, it turned out to be one of the best things I have done in NY. Well worth it to cross that bridge from Manhattan :yes: