Travel NYC - must eat restaurants?

T0TEMAMA!

fashionista
Jun 9, 2008
in the mall
Sorry for another thread, but I need to know what is the best pizza places you recommend in NYC??
I LOVE PIZZA!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

airmarket

:)
O.G.
Jan 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Second Lombardi's. It was the first pizza place in NYC (I think). DELICIOUS. I'm also a big fan of Ray's on St. Marks (mmm pizza bagels) and Two Boots Pizza.

texaschic231

Smart AND Beautiful~!
O.G.
Feb 21, 2006
TX
Depending on when you go, there might be a wait for Lombardi's. It's worth the wait, though!

Coldplaylover

Mar 8, 2006
Any pizza place with the name Ray in it is usually good.........the hottest pizza in NYC right now is called Artichoke Pizza on 14th street. Lombardi's has a white clam pizza that is to die for.....go across the street for dessert at Rice To Riches for the most awesome rice pudding ever!

Miss Sooky

Oct 22, 2006
Curled up with a book
When I was last there, we went on the Brooklyn pizza tour! Yes, seriously there is such a thing and it was a blast. Saw bits of the city I would never have seen with a great, fun guide, discovered more pizza secrets than I knew even existed and finally ate wonderful pizza. Well worth checking out if you've time.

lawchick

O.G.
Aug 3, 2006
CA
My fave is John's pizza on Bleeker. I like Lombardi's but they burn the bottom of the pizza last time i was there.

jadecee

Jun 8, 2006
Great White North
When I was last there, we went on the Brooklyn pizza tour! Yes, seriously there is such a thing and it was a blast. Saw bits of the city I would never have seen with a great, fun guide, discovered more pizza secrets than I knew even existed and finally ate wonderful pizza. Well worth checking out if you've time.
Did you go to Grimaldi's in Brooklyn?

I know we did it on our own and it was a fun trip since we also walked across the brooklyn bridge back to manhattan and then headed to the south seaport from there.

Good food - and there was a line up even in the rain!

schwinn3

May 31, 2007
I didn't try a lot of pizza places when I was in NY recently, but I also agree on Lombardi's. That was the one pizza place we tried and it was the most delicious pizza I've had.

lcterp

La bella vita
May 23, 2007
Pittsburgh
so glad you posted this totemama!! The BF and I are going to NYC Aug 10 and 11 and he wants to get some pizza (he has never been to NYC) b/c his friend from NY keeps telling him how great it is.

Miss Sooky

Oct 22, 2006
Curled up with a book
Did you go to Grimaldi's in Brooklyn?

I know we did it on our own and it was a fun trip since we also walked across the brooklyn bridge back to manhattan and then headed to the south seaport from there.

Good food - and there was a line up even in the rain!
We did and it was fantastic! Honestly, when the tour was first suggested I wasn't keen at all, but went in an act of compromise because of all the time I had spent shopping :shame:sad:!) Anyway, it turned out to be one of the best things I have done in NY. Well worth it to cross that bridge from Manhattan :yes:

Sep 14, 2007
I like John's Pizzeria and Due Amici (on 14th Street). One of my favorites is also Pintailes pizza on the East side--love it!