NYC Madison store really drives me crazy

chuhanwtf

Parismon
Mar 26, 2012
Hi ladies and gents,

I have a regular SA that I have been working with for over a year. She is nice in general and she offered me some nice bags too.

I don't live in NYC so it's hard for me to visit her very often. And due to the change in madison's phone policy, I only talk to her via email. But she has been ignoring my emails for the last couple times, and when I called the store and left her a voice message, she never return my call. Some of my friends that have SAs in madison store always got call from their SAs about arrival of bags, but I never did!!!

I don't know if I did something wrong that might piss her and she decided to not work with me anymore. I want to change to a new SA but I'm afraid if the old one saw me talking to a new SA, the old one will tell my new SA or even the manager to not sell me bags.

What should I do? Really appreciate your help!!!

Thanks for the advise, thats what I think too. But the fact that she never call me (yet she promised to call me once she had something new everytime I went to see her!) makes me want to change to a better SA.

Exactly, tell her your understanding is that you are not welcome to ask her anything any longer and you plan to work with another SA.

I think that you should talk to her at least once just to make sure this is not a misunderstanding. Ive had the SM assign me to 3 different SAs in the past 6 yrs there and seriously, they all suck so I don't know if you will get someone more diligent about informing you about bag arrivals.

I think that you should talk to her at least once just to make sure this is not a misunderstanding. Ive had the SM assign me to 3 different SAs in the past 6 yrs there and seriously, they all suck so I don't know if you will get someone more diligent about informing you about bag arrivals.

That sounds bad! I don't know why Madison SAs are being so snoby and think they have so much power!

I have had the same experience with SA's at Madison. The one I have worked with doesn't reply to voicemails or emails even though I have said if you have x in stock please let me know I will come in to buy (and I have bought). So annoying. I live near the Manhasset boutique, but as I find their stock hit or miss, I really have no choice but to shop Madison in spite of their rude and less than helpful attitude. I agree that you should speak to the SA in person but unless you get a recommendation here for a specific SA, you may end up with another SA who is just as bad. Good luck!

I'm so excited for this thread!

I haven't been TOO close to any SAs - but one I work with remembers me every time I go in, and even held some things for me! I also work with another one - but they seem happy that I can go to one, if the other happens to be off that day.

Although sometimes they do seem cold, and maybe a little stand-off-ish, the best experience was that I returned an exotic CDC, and felt horrible, but the next time I went in, the SA greeted me so cheerfully and remembered what was on my wishlist (although, she didn't fulfill anything... haha).

Does anyone know how often they get in new stock? I've been hunting for a special bag, but have been building a relationship with a SA in New Jersey. It's been a year and still no bag, so wanted to see if I should start going to the Madison store.

Does anyone know how often they get in new stock? I've been hunting for a special bag, but have been building a relationship with a SA in New Jersey. It's been a year and still no bag, so wanted to see if I should start going to the Madison store.

They get several shipments a week... But I think all stores do?

I don't know but for me I switched sas before and I have found him to be no better. Maybe because my old as was more senior. Who knows. I finally just switched stores all together and my new as has been a dream to work with.

Maybe your SA too many clients asking for the same items, it happens...
Rest assure and give your SA a benefit of a doubt, if its consistent after the talk, then it's time to move on^

;) Madison ALWAYS gets shipments, they NEED to supply tourists ;)

Maybe your SA too many clients asking for the same items, it happens...
Rest assure and give your SA a benefit of a doubt, if its consistent after the talk, then it's time to move on^

;) Madison ALWAYS gets shipments, they NEED to supply tourists ;)
Agree with fashionistaO. I lived in Manhatan for 7 years and they always had a steady supply of goods compared to other H's in the country. I've always found it much easier to find hard to find items such as CDCs and wallets. They also have a bigger selection of bags.