NYC Ladies - what bags do you see most?

beauxgoris

O.G.
Mar 17, 2006
Since I consider NYC to be the seat of fashion in the states - I was just curious which bags you ladies see most "on the streets"? What styles (and colors) are most prevelant?

TIA!

LOL...it depends on where you are different counties different bags. I was thinking about this last week when I was shopping in Jersey. They range from Coach, BV and LV, to B-Bags.

I live 20 min. from NYC but hate the parking and crowds. So for me its usually a mall in Short Hills with most of the merchandise you can purchase in the city.

B-bags, LV, Chloe every now and then. I was just in Dean and Deluca in SoHo and saw the worst looking fake speedy. This girl was acting like she was the sh*t. It had feet and everything!! She was staring at my petite noe funny!

Lol NYC might be the fashion capital of the world, but most NYers don't give a flying poo about what another person is wearing. There are no real 'prevalent' bags because there are so many different people with different bags. Perhaps in a small town you'll notice a frequency in one particular bag but its not like that in NYC.

i've spent the last 15 years living in the west village or one stop outside the city in bklyn and there's a geography to bags, I think. Upper east side, lots of hermes and chloe paddingtons. downtown, lately i've seen lots of kooba sienna. marc jacobs is big amongst mid-town working gals, and vuitton is popular with african-american fashionistas. last night at balthazar i saw a bunch of balenciage, new styles and colors

I live in Soho and i see a TON of LVs, B-bags, and Fendis. I see a lot of fakes of the aforementioned too and I could just wipe off the smug looks of those carrying fakes. Makes me soo mad.

I work in Midtown and I've recently spotted a ton of YSL Muses in the area in various shapes and colors. I have yet to see anyone with the Chloe Edith walking around NYC. I also see a TON of Paddys, MJ and Chanel all over.

I live in Hong Kong now but still go back home all the time and I was born and raised in NYC - very much depends on the neighborhood ... downtown I see lots of the more funky trendy designers - marc jacobs and kooba - uptown more established classics ... chanel ...

midtown - god only knows if they are real or not but lots of lv's everywhere ....

and on the trains to NJ and LI - COACH!!!