NYC in September... What to wear?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hello all :smile:

It's been a while since I last posted in this forum... I usually hang out at the LV forum but there's a question that drove me right back here :P

In the first week of September I'll be spending a week in NYC... It's my first time there and as a world fashion capital I would like to ask you all for your input... What do you think are the stamples that I should take?

I'm a 21 year old guy and I'll be there for recreation purposes... So most of my days will be spent in museums, sight seeing, shopping... possibly one or two brodway musicals and the ocasional night club.

Thank you in advance :biggrin:

2. First week of September is still usually pretty hot and humid with summer temps in the 80s. I would dress appropriately for summer, however I always joke to my friends that I wear most of the cardigans in the summer. If you plan on being inside - museums, malls, theatre, etc. the air conditioning is usually on full blast and can feel like 50 degrees in some places! :P Definitely bring light layers (if you're a cold wuss like me) for indoors or "sometimes" at night but you can definitely get away with summer gear that time of year.