NYC and Miami girls! ADVICE NEEDED!! :)

brendating

<3 <3 <3
Feb 2, 2007
Hey girls!!! I am pleased to tell you that I will be visiting New York and Miami in June for 2 weeks...only been to Florida once 2 years ago and LOVED :heart::heart::heart: it!! I wish I lived there :sad: instead of rainy UK!!!

Need some expert advice as I don't want to miss out on anything, where would you recommend to go and which places are best to shop at?! I hope to be able to go to as many places as possible and is there anything that I MUST do in both places?

Would you recommend me to stay more nights in NYC than Miami or vice versa?!

AND most importantly...where is CHANEL at both places!!!!!! ;) Please please please help me!!

IT DEPENDS WHAT YOU WANT. IF YOU WANT A LOT OF CULTURE & SHOWS I WOULD STAY MORE NIGHTS IN nyc. IF YOU LIKE TO RELAX AND LOVE THE BEACH/SUN I WOULD STAY MORE IN MIAMI. IN MIAMI THERE ARE UPSCALE SHOPS IN BAL HARBOUR WHERE THERE IS A CHANEL BOUTIQUE. THERE IS ALSO A SAKS AND NEIMAN MARCUS, GUCCI STORE,YSL STORE, BOTTEGA VANETTA, CHRISTIAN DIOR, LV, CARTIER, VAN CLEEF & ARPEL, ETC. IN SOUTH MIAMI THERE ARE OUTDOOR SHOPS AS WELL IN MERRICK PARK AND THERE IS A NEIMAN MARCUS THAT CARRIES CHANEL. I THINK THE DADELAND MALL ALSO HAS CHANEL IN SAKS. THIS IS AN INDOOR MALL. HOPE THIS IS HELPFUL!

Hi Brendating! Of course I will say spend more time in NYC:smile: There's lots to do - I don't think you could do everything in a year even:smile:
It all depends on what you're interested in. There's the Met museum, the Opera, broadway shows, etc. There are amazing restaurants everywhere! (ZAGAT is pretty spot-on with its reviews). There's Central Park - a must-see in my book; and then of course there's the shopping.
Not to worry, if you walk down 5th avenue from 59th street, you will see them all - Bergdorfs, Tiffany's, Fendi, Prada, Ferragamo, Louis Vuitton, Saks 5th, and so on. (St Patrick's Cathedral is right there too, if you're interested). On Madison Ave (1 block from 5th) is Barney's, ColeHaan, Stuart Weitzman, and so on:graucho:
There is a Chanel on 57th St and another one on Madison and 64th. There is also one downtown, so you have a few options!
Must try: NY Cheesecake (Veniero's on 1st Ave and 11tht St or the double cream one at Grace's Marketplace - 73rd St and 3rd Ave) and if you like red meat then Peter Lugers in Brooklyn (so worth the trip!).
Enjoy!!!

You must go to Chanel in Soho. On Spring street near West Broadway. Large Selection and I always get my bags there. They also have some fun new summer bags in that I have been trying to find pics of online.

Thank you so much girls!! I didn't think anyone would answer me that soon :P so went to have a shower!!
Wow and thank you for the advice on restaurants!! I totally forgot to ask so glad you mentioned :smile:

Also another embarrassing question, what to wear during June in NYC & Miami?!?! I don't wanna bring a load of holiday clothes and find out non of them are appropriate for the likes of both places :s

I would so love to see another Chanel boutique in another country thank you so much for directions, I really need to be there to figure how NY addresses work :s

Dumb me!!

When you come to NY... Chanel is sold in Bloomingdales, Saks, Bergdorf Goodman, and of course at the 3 Chanel boutiques. If you open a credit card at the stores, they will give you a 10 or 15 percent discount for the day. I would shop at Opening Cermony, Bergdorf, Barney's ... Let me know if you need ideas for restaurants. :woohoo:

The lifestyle is so different. Miami is great and there is so much to do. Palm Beach (Worth Ave.) is a fun place to shop. There are lots of things to do in Palm Beach too.
I would take Palm Beach/Miami over NY any day.
Yes it's hot but if one is on vacation what it wrong with having beaches to go to too????
I also feel safer in Florida than NY. I never felt unsafe in Palm Beach and South Beach, Miami is great but with Miami one does have to know what areas are safe and what places to stay away from.