Ny people

candice19

Oct 21, 2007
Hi everyone, I know this is maybe a strange place to ask... but I know I can trust the people here.

I'm in desperate need of a good/gentle waxer in the Queens/NYC/west LI area lol. My friends don't wax (sheesh). The lady I go to never calls back to set an appt anymore.

Anyone know of one? Thanks!

^^I went to J sisters and I didn't have the wonderful experience that some have had. I've also read mixed reviews about Bliss, particularly the Soho location. I guess you really need to try different places and people in order to know what is more agreeable with you.

So I wanted to give everyone the run down of what I did.

I went to Bliss Spa on 49th.

WORST EXPERIENCE EVER!!!!!!

I beg you guys never to go there. I made an appointment for a Betweeny (what a stupid name, it's the new "bikini wax" - there is no difference now). When I booked it, I asked how long it would take, and she said it would be about half and hour. When I tell you from the SECOND I walked into my dressing room to the SECOND I walked out of the spa was 15 mins - that's how rushed this lady waxer was.

I went into the spa placed where I looked around because I was 1/2 hour early. Then I went to the girl behind the counter, who besides looking me up and down in that condescending manner, never looked while speaking to me and was twirling her nasty hair. She goes "yeah, you're early" and says nothing else. I'm like OK... so I sit and wait. The Spa itself is on the 4th floor. Meanwhile, people are walking in and the girl was so helpful, immediately giving them the pass to go up the elevator. wtf? So I got up and asked her "Am I supposed to be waiting upstairs?" she goes "yea, you are." .... "Well should I get a pass then?" "oh, here." wtf again?

I get up there, and a different girl behind the counter quickly points me to this woman standing next to her,telling me that she'll be my waxer. The waxer (whose name I didn't know b/c nobody introduced me!) basically ran through all these doors and had me tailing her. She throws a disposable bikini on the table and tells me to change. She comes back in so quickly, barely when I got the thing on.

Her waxing procedures was absurd... she slapped on 2 sides at once, really thick and BIG sections. So big that it took her 2 yanks to pull one strip off. It was really fast. At the end, (down there) was so freaking crooked. It basically looked like she took off only on one side. When I asked her to fix it, she rolls her eyes, and takes off the side that needs it - then proceeds to take more off the side that doesn't! You idiot! I gave up and let it be (of course now I'm still crooked by a lot). Then she's done without warning, and says "you can get exfoliating pads up front" - ok, why? Explain something - anything. Anyway. She leaves, leaving all the strips and stuff still between my legs, and wax all over me. I just get up and go I'm so annoyed. My jeans were sticking to me that's how much wax was still on me. She says "I'll be out front" I guess b/c she's expecting tip. I get out there, and she's not there. Oh well, she didn't deserve her tip anyway.

I did this last Saturday. Right now, I look like I just shaved at home. It looks like all the hair is prickly - basically just broke hairs off. I'm so pissed, I'm going to write corporate a letter if I can find their address.

All this for $50? SO NOT FREAKING WORTH IT!!!!!! :cursing::cursing::cursing:

oh candice i'm so sorry you had such a horrible experience! i'd been considering going to that bliss for a waxing, but i'll definitely be avoiding it now!

i would most definitely write a letter of complaint. bliss charges a good amount for their services and they hold themselves out to be a high-end spa, and they should definitely act like it!

the one time i was at a bliss in the city (i can't remember which one) i remember the girl at the counter was incompetent and not very friendly, which is why i haven't been back. i'd much rather take my money where it'll be appreciated.

OH!!!!! I forgot to mention!!!! There was hair on the floor from the previous visitors!!!!!! You can tell what kinda they were, too, if you know what I mean. It was GROSS.

I'm sure people love Bliss for other services, but please don't wax here...

I'm definitely writing a letter of complait - there is no reason I should have paid anything for this. Now I have to get re-waxed in a few days, while I'm on vacation. This sucks.