ny fashion week

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. has anyone been to fashion week in nyc? i just got an offer for a special package for fashion week this year for $250 you get:

–Enjoy a unique view of the fashions coming down the catwalk
    –Talk one on one with an in-the-know, high profile fashion insider
    –See and be seen at a stylish cocktail reception
    -Take home a gift bag

i'd love to go but $250 seems like a lot. is it worth it??

thanks in advance!

2. i've never been, but am dying to go!
    ^^as for the package, is it only for one show? the details seem a little nonspecific!

3. I went to fashion week last September for the Spring 08 shows. I had a great time. It's definitely an interesting experience, I wouldn't pay for it though (and I didn't. I attended with a buyer).

If you don't mind me asking, who is offering the package? If it's American Express , then I would say go ahead and do it. My understanding is that they offer their card members a very nice experience. But $250 for only one show? I mean, do you even know what show it would be? And are you guaranteed a seat? "Stylish cocktail reception"? I agree with nolarice. I know they can't give away all the goods, but it seems kinda vague.

4. I agree with the above posts - the offer seems oddly vague. Fashion Week is an amazing experience, but probably a one-time event for me. I'm very glad that I had the opportunity to go, but I'm ok with checking out the runways online now!

5. I also went last September for the S/S 08 shows, it was fun, but I wouldn't pay for it, especially since you get to see all runway shots clearer for free online! If you do decide to pay for it make sure you get a seat, since the shows always start at least 20-40 minutes later than they're meant to, and it would suck to stand at the back and wait!

6. If it's with American Express, you will get a seat and a gift bag.

I personally wouldn't pay to go. The sponsor seats are always in the back.