NY cliothes shopping?

jroos

Jul 19, 2007
I am going to NY this weekend and I'm a little unsure of where to go shopping. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Also, which H&M is the best in the city? TIA!!

IMO H&M is trash in NYC......don't know how it is in other places. I guess if I had to pick one I'd say the one on 5th avenue in the 50's.

You must go to soho! Tons of great boutiques. Be sure to check out Intermix, Curve, and Wink while there.

Then 5th and Madison avenue as well. Be sure to check out Bergdorfs and Barneys:biggrin:

Op so glad you posted this. I am going this weekend too. My fiance is going on business and I must know where to shop. I am hoping I can find some stores that are not in every mall across every city already.

there are tons of threads on NYC shopping.

that said, one of my favorite spots is 8th street (not Ave)

there are also two stores I like.. Barami and The New York Look

I agree with Soho - if you walk along Broadway in the Soho area, you'll hit Uniqlo, Topshop, Scoop, Madewell (and Wink, Opening Ceremony on the side streets) all in one shot. I think H&M is there as well, but like mielikki55 and nycfashionlvr said, it might not be worth your time. If you like H&M, you should try Topshop.

If the weather's nice, it'll be really fun to walk in and out of the shops in Soho (and West Village too). But if the weather sucks, you might want to go to 5th Avenue instead and check out Barneys, Bergdorfs and Saks as nycfashionlvr suggested. Ooohh, I'm getting excited for you :yahoo: I love NY shopping - have fun!

Definitely Soho! The only thing is I never really go on weekends because it's mobbed with people. 5th ave in the teens has some of the regular stores and is less crowded...

Check out williamsburg in brooklyn if you have a chance. They have awesome little shops and theres an awesome market set up on the weekends for unique jewelry and clothes. It's called artist & fleas.