Nutmeg TMA Midi reveal

VanBod1525

O.G.
May 19, 2009
Well, after going via the US, my TMA Midi has finally arrived.

This leather is gorgeous and the brass hardware compliments it beautifully. I'm so glad I got the dark beige lining - it really is edible. I have taken some pics and will upload in a little while.

However, i ordered this bag with the narrow padded shoulder strap and it has arrived with the wide shoulder strap that slips off. I also ordered extra gold zipper pulls (for my WTM Messenger as the tassles fell off) but the pair that have arrived are brass.

I'm off to email BE to let them know they need to make me the correct strap and send me the correct zipper pulls. This is the first time I've ever had a BEC not come exactly as I ordered it and it is rather deflating.

VanBod, I can't wait to see your photos! How odd that your bag first when to the US and then came with the wrong strap and zipper pulls. I'm sure BE will make it right!

Moon - I think they need to change the name from dark beige. I mean really, that sounds dead boring when what you actually get is caramel that makes me just want to eat it.

The leather is great. I'm going to spray it with Collonil, several coats, as I've read reports that this leather can get grubby.

I emailed Aimee and Jackie and Jackie responded within about 10 minutes to let me know that they will make me a narrow padded strap and they will replace the zipper pulls for gold.

This style in this leather is just perfect for my casual style on the weekend and I'm looking forward to carrying the bag. I'll post pics soon, just popped into the office to finish a few things before I head off on another business trip.

OOOHHH...

I cannot wait to see this beauty VanBod!

I am sorry it came with the wrong strap and wrong color extra zippers pulls...but I knew BE would make it right as my petrol matte LMM came with an extra tag versus extra tassels...and BE corrected that quickly and the tassels are on the way for me!

Right, here goes! I took these pics before I sprayed the bag. I sprayed 3 coats of Collonil and it dried without affecting the leather. She is now stuffed and sitting in her dustbag.

Impressions - none of the photos do this bag justice if flash is used. It comes out looking lighter than it really is. The leather is incredibly soft but doesn't have the usual smell that BE matte leathers do. It is very prone to scuffing and scratches (there was one on the wide padded shoulder strap) so I'd say if you don't like to baby your bags or if you don't like the rugged, scuffed look, then this is NOT the leather for you. If you like matte I would consider matte supersoft - that is much more resistant to scratching. If you haven't tried the dark beige lining - you should!

I have loved the rustic look of the TMA from the time I first saw it; to me this style suits matte leathers best. I have the midi in Buttercream Pebbled and it looks great but I love this combo better.

Forgive my rather unelegant photo of the middle compartment - I wanted to show the lining next to the leather.

Attachments

• IMG_0802.JPG
    IMG_0802.JPG
    194.2 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_0803.JPG
    IMG_0803.JPG
    189.8 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0804.JPG
    IMG_0804.JPG
    193.4 KB · Views: 107
OOOHHH...

I cannot wait to see this beauty VanBod!

I am sorry it came with the wrong strap and wrong color extra zippers pulls...but I knew BE would make it right as my petrol matte LMM came with an extra tag versus extra tassels...and BE corrected that quickly and the tassels are on the way for me!

Odebbie - if those tassels were for a certain Lovehandbags's WTM Midi, then they will soon be on their way to meeeeee. My dream of Petrol Matte has been realised!

Van, you are so right on target with your thoughts about the name of that lining. It IS a bronzy caramel, enticing enough to eat. It's just too luxurious and expensive-looking to be called Dark Beige. I shall add this to my list of things with which to pester Juniper Jones. :graucho:

So glad that you're getting your strap and zipper pulls.
:smile:

Moon - I think they need to change the name from dark beige. I mean really, that sounds dead boring when what you actually get is caramel that makes me just want to eat it.

The leather is great. I'm going to spray it with Collonil, several coats, as I've read reports that this leather can get grubby.

I emailed Aimee and Jackie and Jackie responded within about 10 minutes to let me know that they will make me a narrow padded strap and they will replace the zipper pulls for gold.

Gorgeous! Every pic of the nutmeg I see looks like a different color - would you say it's pinky? Sorry to hear about your shoulder strap, that sucks. I wish they made the thin shoulder strap by default like for the WTM.

I can't stop looking at your bag. I just LOVE how beautifully the caramel lining and nutmeg leather and brass hardware go together. Honestly, your pocketbook looks like it cost around $2,000! It's just stunning, Van. Just positively gorgeous.