Nutcracker Ballet

EllaL

May 7, 2010
My mom and I have decided to go see the Nutcracker ballet. I have never been to a ballet or anything except two real concerts. What seats does everyone recommend? 1. Which seats are best if money is no option and 2. Which seats are best for the amount of money the cost?

Very excited! :yahoo:

My favorite seats for most any stage presentation are center section on the floor about 8 (approximately) rows back. It always depends on the size of the venue, but if you are front row, you may be looking straight up and part of the show will be cut off.

Balcony very close to the rail is excellent too.

Best seats for the money IMO depend on each place. In Chicago we went to the same 2 theatres usually and knew where the good and bad sections were. Top price tickets may not have the best view.

I LOVE The Nutcracker!!! I hope you have a fabulous time and it's perfect for the holiday season.

I have nothing to add as far as seating is concerned, sorry.

I remember my mother taking me to The Nutcracker ballet as a young girl. I'm planning to take my 7-year old daughter this year for her 1st ballet. I think I'm going to make it a yearly Holiday tradition for us.

It's my DD's and my tradition. We actually only do it every other year and every year in between we do the Rockettes. It's a beautiful memory we have!
I always get balcony seats always 1st row of balcony just off center - you can see everything.

As a dancer, I really want to be able to see the feet, arms, and expressions on the dancer's faces, so I always go orchestra level, center, about 5 or 6 rows back. It seems crazy but I definitely watch the feet more than I do anything else.

The scene with the Snow Queen always makes me cry...was my favorite role to dance.

I like center orchestra...at least 5 rows back. I really like to watch the foot work. but if you want to see the entire ballet (which is probably a good idea if this is your first time seeing it...I've seen it many times), then I agree with swanky: go for the balcony. box seats are a lot of fun if you fill up the box with your family/friends.