Nunnla's BEs

This is the red "Firey Hobo" from the new Diffusion Line. If you're looking for the "bells & whistles" we're used to, this isn't the bag for you. But ... if you're looking for a good quality bag for a reasonable price, this is the bag for you. The leather is good quality (at least comparable to that of more expensive brands), the hardware and lining material is the same. Corners have been cut by not including a messenger strap, by using a metal zipper pull but zephyr (nylon) zipper tracking on the interior zippered pocket, redesigning the hanging tag so it's a plain leather square with a BE embossment. The patch below the zipper on the interior is just that, a logo embossed patch rather than the engraved hardware plate. And there are no hardware "feet" on the bag bottom. All in all, BE's first attempts at creating a "bridge" line is a success. (A "Bridge" line is one that isn't of the same quality as a brand's couture line). I give it a :tup:

Attachments

• TPF Front.jpg
    TPF Front.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 335
  • TPF Handle.jpg
    TPF Handle.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 336
  • TPF Hanging Tag.jpg
    TPF Hanging Tag.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 329
  • TPF Interior.jpg
    TPF Interior.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 376
  • TPF Interior Patch.jpg
    TPF Interior Patch.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 343
Black Matte Bubble Chevre Covet Me Mini w/fuchsia lining and gunmetal hardware. This is a cute little bag. I can see why Lovie likes it so much. This one doesn't have a flap that opens to the interior (too small) but it does have a zipper edge so it carries the theme through and "mocks" the full size one. It does have a side zipper that you can open up to expand the width by about an inch and a half. You could actually remove the strap and carry it clutch style.

Larke, this is lovely! I like the style, the bubbly leather and I bet the size would appeal to me also.:tup:

This is the red "Firey Hobo" from the new Diffusion Line. If you're looking for the "bells & whistles" we're used to, this isn't the bag for you. But ... if you're looking for a good quality bag for a reasonable price, this is the bag for you. The leather is good quality (at least comparable to that of more expensive brands), the hardware and lining material is the same. Corners have been cut by not including a messenger strap, by using a metal zipper pull but zephyr (nylon) zipper tracking on the interior zippered pocket, redesigning the hanging tag so it's a plain leather square with a BE embossment. The patch below the zipper on the interior is just that, a logo embossed patch rather than the engraved hardware plate. And there are no hardware "feet" on the bag bottom. All in all, BE's first attempts at creating a "bridge" line is a success. (A "Bridge" line is one that isn't of the same quality as a brand's couture line). I give it a :tup:
The leather does look very nice, and I love the caramel lining and shape of this hobo! I wish it came with the gold hardware.

Larke thank you so much for the review of this bag. It looks much nicer than I thought it would be. I did not like the look of the line based on the stuff that was emailed to me. Having seen your red hobo I think I really like this bridge line. Enjoy your new bag it is gorgeous.

Periwinkle Saffiano Hold Me w/caramel lining, gold hardware. (Ron is modeling because he always blurs the photos or ... cuts my head off). I downsized 6 bags to do these new ones.

Attachments

• TPF Ron Messenger.jpg
    TPF Ron Messenger.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 282
  • TPF Ron Toting.jpg
    TPF Ron Toting.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 323
  • TPF Interior.jpg
    TPF Interior.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 393
  • TPF Close.jpg
    TPF Close.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 282
  • TPF Front.jpg
    TPF Front.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 280
Larke, the purple patent snake is lovely! I like the shape of the red hobo but I really dislike the hangtag, it looks unfinished and I think if they had used a different shaped tag to the normal stock bags, it would have been better.

I was in the Prada store and they have a few bags in saffiano leather. I don't like it at all, too hard and stiff for my taste. It just felt plastic. I'm not sure I have the patience to wear this leather until it softens but it will be good to hear how it wears for you.

As always, some really different additions! Enjoy them!!:biggrin:

OK, here's the bag on which I collaborated with Marco, Jackie (whoever else there may be who had a hand in the bucket bag). I think it's our best collaboration ever. We added a fringe "skirt" around the top, re-adjusted the drawstring so the tassels come down the middle (instead of the sides), made them HUGE instead of smaller, threaded the strings through grommets on the top, and last but not least, braided the handles (which come in three different lengths - tote, shoulder and messenger - since it's braided, you cannot have a sliding buckle to adjust the length so specifying length in inches is a must. I always had him remove the sliding shoulder pad anyway, although I did have the buckle). The length on these turned out perfect for my body habitus. The bottom (which unfortunately has specks the camera picked up - not visible to the naked eye) has large studs instead of "feet". The body is black suede, hardware is silver and the interior is the fleecy panda print (that I formerly used in the black ostrich London Tote Midi that now lives in the UK with another TPFer - the ostrich leather just wasn't "me").

I will use this one a lot because it matches boots I have - well, it will match any shoes that are black suede. I also am having Hold Me's made, standard buckets and another of these fringed models made before there no longer is a BEC service. If you love it as much as I do, you can tick the fringe, braided handles option on the bucket. It adds $250 to the price but it's a lot of extra work to braid that suede. You get two size handles (or straps) and can specify which lengths you want. If you want all three, you can choose the "tote" option as well.

The other colors I picked out in the suede are plaster (gray), birch (dark olive green), ebony (dark chocolate), cappuchino (beige) and cuoio (chestnut). The cappuchino matches Sand UGGS, cuoio matches chestnut UGGS. I'm sure Marco will have some left so if interested, just ask Aims or Janelle. I'm sure since the BEC service is ending, you will get a discount. My bags are done and being shipped to the warehouse. So, as I have time (getting ready to undergo knee joint replacement next month, after which I'll retire and do the things I really want to do), I'll take pix and post them here.

I'd really recommend this special style since you won't be able to BEC one like it much longer. It will work in any leather - I just chose suede because it gives it more of a "boho" look and matches boots I have. Fringe, according to all the fashion magazines, is really HOT for the 2012-2013 year. A couple of the magazines to which I subscribe did full page displays of items with fringe. I know this doesn't give you much time to order one. Sorry for the delay in posting pictures but you just wouldn't believe what's going on in my life right now - seems like I'm on the go from sun-up to midnight. I am SOOO looking forward to retirement.

Attachments

• TPF Front.jpg
    TPF Front.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 179
  • TPF Fringe.jpg
    TPF Fringe.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 190
  • TPF Tassels.jpg
    TPF Tassels.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 180
  • TPF Braided Straps.jpg
    TPF Braided Straps.jpg