numerous things I don't like about Artsy

It's nice to read everyone's opinion, it is really helpful. I still haven't seen the bag IRL but I sure have been loving the reveal pics! I really didn't like the way it looked in the ads, but when people posted modeling shots I thought it was gorgeous. I hadn't really planned on wearing it on my shoulder, more in the crook of my arm, so I'm thinking this will be a good bag for me, can't say for sure until I try it on, but I am looking forward to seeing it!

I appreciate all the different opinions on this bag!!! I love the look of the Artsy but haven't gotten around to trying her on (too afraid that I will love it and make my shopping list longer, lol).

i really like this bag. it looks gorgeous and the inside is so luxurious! Not to mention all the pockets and even the large zip pocket to keep everything nice and organized (I wish the stressa's interior was more like this). The inside of this bag really made me fall in love with it since most of my other lv's don't have so many pockets. But, the second I put it on my shoulder I realized it wasn't meant to be. As a hand held it looked great but on my shoulder the handle was so hard and stiff. Instead of conforming to my shoulder the ends of the handle just stuck out in front and back of my shoulder. I wish they made it with a flat handle instead of round. Maybe it will soften with age but it sure is stiff when new.

i really like this bag. it looks gorgeous and the inside is so luxurious! Not to mention all the pockets and even the large zip pocket to keep everything nice and organized (I wish the stressa's interior was more like this). The inside of this bag really made me fall in love with it since most of my other lv's don't have so many pockets. But, the second I put it on my shoulder I realized it wasn't meant to be. As a hand held it looked great but on my shoulder the handle was so hard and stiff. Instead of conforming to my shoulder the ends of the handle just stuck out in front and back of my shoulder. I wish they made it with a flat handle instead of round. Maybe it will soften with age but it sure is stiff when new.

I agree with you completely. I tried on both sizes and both the MM and GM were extremely uncomfortable on the shoulder (especially for those of us with bony shoulders). Also, the bag doesn't flow..... the weight of the bag is unequally distributed..... the top is heavy and the bottom is light. The handle sticks out in front and back and renders a football player appearance. I find it very bulky looking as it adds more prominence to the shoulder which looks too masculine. I think the idea of the bag was to have it be very feminine but the handle ruins the whole concept. It's like wearing a bar across the shoulder. I kept envisioning carrying a water bucket dangling from the handle......it's that sturdy!

I agree with you completely. I tried on both sizes and both the MM and GM were extremely uncomfortable on the shoulder (especially for those of us with bony shoulders). Also, the bag doesn't flow..... the weight of the bag is unequally distributed..... the top is heavy and the bottom is light. The handle sticks out in front and back and renders a football player appearance. I find it very bulky looking as it adds more prominence to the shoulder which looks too masculine. I think the idea of the bag was to have it be very feminine but the handle ruins the whole concept. It's like wearing a bar across the shoulder. I kept envisioning carrying a water bucket dangling from the handle......it's that sturdy!

I don't think that's how it looks I think this bag looks so fresh and chic very girly and well sought out.
When I wear my artsy I get so Many looks and glares it's crazy never had that attention before. It's just something different and you don't see everyday.
I love my artsy gm !!!

while i like the style and might be able to live w/ the rolled handle, to me, it just seems there's way too much mono and brown going on... i dunno... like a big brown sack! i think i'll just sit and enjoy looking at everyone's for now.... though i luv the gucci horsebit hobo!

I tried Artsy and I love how it looked on me... The one I tried has a charm on it and I love how I can dressed it up in my own way, u need a fairly plain bag to dress it up. However, my shoulders have problems with rolled handles, not just artsy but any bag that has rolled handles. So, I had to let it pass...

That's a fair description of it. It looks nice & I love the stitching details but it is not comfortable at all for me. I have bony shoulders so I can't imagine myself trying to "break" it in.

I saw it in store just a couple of weeks ago and completely agree with all the setbacks stated. In fact I did not even bother to try it on as the handle has completely put me off. The overall shape was also awkward...I am still trying to figure out the design rationale for this bag!

On week two with my artsy mm, luv it more every day. This is my most favorite lv in a very long time, bag becomes even better with use, handle has softned and it is flat on the underside so very comfortable on shoulder and with your items all settled in the bag slouches so nice, and fits great under arm. I love mine and would never buy one unless I loved it, so I hope you will find one you love as much as I do mine..

^^^^^I agree!! I took my bag with me to school for 8 hours today and it was totally fine! I had 2 separate people stop and tell me how much they loved my bag! This is such a great and beautiful bag!!

I have worn mine several times now and don't find it uncomfortable at all, in fact it has actually gotten softer. My shoulders on are the boney side (see avatar) and it doesn't bother me or feel hard as others have said. I guess it just goes to show we are all different and have dfferent taste. I also don't get the comment about it being heavy on top and light on the bottom:confused1: but then I don't carry a ton of stuff in mine. Every where I carry it, it receives double takes so I'm not complaining and still very glad I purchased it.

Next up, a new Eden speedy in Peche:yahoo: