Number on inside of pocket??

Coach10619

Obsessed
May 20, 2008
Eastern Iowa
About 6 months ago, my cousin bought a medium carly from someone online, when she got it, there was some numbers written in marker on the inside of the inside pocket well, now the carly is starting to fray and she heard from someone that the numbers are put there so that it can't be returned at a store but, does this also mean that she can't get merch. credit for the fraying issue?

Thank you!!

grayxie

NOMtacular!
Mar 28, 2008
PA
Eeeeek! I never heard of a bag being written on before, usually the creed patch is just stamped with an "x" or bullseye.

kattykay

sofa king sexy!
Jun 8, 2008
new jersey
that does not matter, the numbers were written on the inside pocket right? my mom bought a bag off ebay like that one and they were able to send it in for repair, that doesnt void the warrantee just prevent people from buying cheap on ebay and returning to the store for credit

sweetmelissa

But it was on sale!
Mar 9, 2007
South Jersey
Yeah, my Gigi had the numbers inside the pocket too. It's too avoid returns to dept. stores iirc but she is in for repair right now and all seems to be well with her.

noshoepolish

Labrador Lover
Authenticator
O.G.
Oct 4, 2006
Depends. If it is a Nordies bag, it just is to prevent returns for full price.

If it is a sku from an outlet bag, you would have to ask Coach. An SA had told me it was a final sale but I have read otherwise...

carrie3579

O.G.
Jul 29, 2008
that does not matter, the numbers were written on the inside pocket right? my mom bought a bag off ebay like that one and they were able to send it in for repair, that doesnt void the warrantee just prevent people from buying cheap on ebay and returning to the store for credit

That's a first... I've never heard about the numbers written on the inside of the bag. I'll have to go check my bag to see if mine has that too.

Kattykay... thanks for putting this up. I was always wondering what would happen if something happened if something ever happened to a Coach bag I bought off of ebay.

selketkrb

Videre est credere
O.G.
Jul 23, 2008
So when I originally read this I thought it was so odd, even stranger now that I received a bag with "$79.97" written on the inside of the interior zippered pocket in black permanent marker. Is it Nordstroms that does this? They should be shot if so.

coachmommyofmin

<3
O.G.
Oct 6, 2008
I've seen that on a burberry bag i bought off ebay, originally it came from nordstrom rack, so i can see why they wrote the date inside the zipper. i've heard about it but ive never actually seen it on a coach.