NPs--slight discomfort; am I spoiled by the VP?

legaldiva

O.G.
Oct 26, 2006
So I got the nude NPs with nude tip. I pre-ordered a 39 and 39.5 (I've found I'm a 39 in VP), and I ended up keeping the 39.5.

HOWEVER, they are just slightly too big, and the elastic on the back sling strap always chafes the back of my heel.

Is this common, or did I buy them too large? Should I try to get the strap tightened?

Help!!!

TIA!
:flowers:

hmwe46

why bother
O.G.
Jun 27, 2006
I called Louboutin about this as well: they said it is super-easy to have the elastic taken in :yes:

LavenderIce

Vintage CLs please
O.G.
Dec 19, 2006
I've run into the problem of the strap being a little too big in the glitter NPs and the Dear Nan. In the Dear Nan, I didn't think the Foot Petals Strappy Strips would help because they were extremely loose, but for my glitter NPs it sufficed. Try the Strappy Strips and see if that will help. If you decide to bring your NPs to a cobbler to get it fixed, make sure you have a trustworthy, competent one who will not mess up your shoes.

There was someone here who had to resort to using an elastic from another shoe because their cobbler said they couldn't shorten the elastic, they had to remove it and replace it with another one altogether and they did not carry them. The end result was a good one.

Unfortunately, I think this is somewhat common NPs. wantmore told me her nude/nude NPs straps were too loose as well.

Are they that big? How does it feel in the toe box and heel? Any pics?

LavenderIce

Vintage CLs please
O.G.
Dec 19, 2006
Just wanted to say, this occurred to me in one out of three pairs of NPs that I own. I have tried on other NPs and did not encounter that problem each and every time.

jh4200

You can call me Jenn
Feb 11, 2008
I would try the strappy strips as well - my tiger NPs felt fine, but my glitters in the same size were a little look, and the strips fixed the problem perfectly. If not, I've also had straps shortened - although as Lavender said, with CLs I'd find a really good cobbler to do it.

legaldiva

O.G.
Oct 26, 2006
Strappy strips. Got it.

My camera is at Polaroid somewhere being "fixed." It's killing me not to post outfits!!!!

Jun 12, 2008
TX
All of my NPs are loose, including my Very Noeuds and it drives me nuts. It makes me stay away from the style unless something just isn't available in the VPs.

LavenderIce

Vintage CLs please
O.G.
Dec 19, 2006
I have more VPs than NPs, that's for sure. I think I would always chose a VP over an NP if I had to make a choice.

sdesaye

Mar 14, 2008
Charlotte, NC
I think you probably need a 39 in the NP. I also wear a 39 and while it's exactly the length I need---there is no extra space. I've found that it matters getting the length you need to make the shoe have stability. I could run in them because I have the balance necessary due to the shank properly fitting my arch.

techie81

No more shopping!!!!
Jul 8, 2008
SW
Hope the Strappy Strips work. I haven't had an issue with my NPs yet but they work great for other slingbacks.