Now that its 2009, whats on your list?

I've been dreaming about all of those beautiful travel pieces on page 102 (104 in the online version) of the 09 Resort catalog. But I couldn't imagine using those unless I had my own private jet or something. :tup: The thought of BV's yummy-smooshy-buttery-oh-my-gosh-can-I-sleep-on-this leather being abused and disrespected by baggage handlers makes me cringe.

I started the year with a resolution "No more bags in 2009!" on my facebook and was ridiculed by frens... so I changed it to "Maybe 1 more" as I would want to get the Ash Montaigne when it goes on sale... and now I can't even stick to that!

:lol:

I have reserved a medium pleated veneta in baltic (it's almost 50% off local price) and I'm so excited!

Now I REALLY need to stick to my resolution and be on a purse ban AFTER I lay my hands on the ash montaigne.

The men's collection has been very boring lately - including the upcoming SS09. I've been looking for items from previuos seasons. I'll be going to London at the end of Feb., so I hope to find my dream bag in London.

My fren had it on reservation in Paris. Crossing fingers that there'll be no hiccups.

You can always call Paris to enquire. I do know that Paris & London ships internationally. Not sure about Milan. Hong Kong & Singapore don't ship I think.

HTH!

hi juzluvpink, may i know where you did your reservation for the BV? I'm from KL and BV is way too expensive. Any tips where you do your buying?

I am trying to resist buying any more BVs in 2009. I just discovered the brand in 2008, and bought...ahem...(let's see, have to count...the Noce Medium Veneta, Aurora Large Veneta, Ebano New Ball, Ebano Medium Veneta, Ferro Pyramid, Baltic New Ball, Regent Sloane, Ferro Roma, Baltic Large Veneta, Eclipse Large Veneta, and Tiger Medium Veneta)...well yikes that's double-digits! (Yes, I know I have no self-control.) So anyway, I'm going to do my best to just ENJOY all these lovely bags this year. (If I can make it...though if Ottone gets rereleased, it could mean trouble :graucho:)

I bought 2 BV black bags in 2008, the knot clutch and the Cervo Illusion tote ( I'm not sure if the name is correct )..
Now I am dreaming of the Cobalt color, so beautiful.... and would love to get it in the large Veneta style... Or maybe in Napa Capri if dreams come true..:smile:

I am trying to resist buying any more BVs in 2009. I just discovered the brand in 2008, and bought...ahem...(let's see, have to count...the Noce Medium Veneta, Aurora Large Veneta, Ebano New Ball, Ebano Medium Veneta, Ferro Pyramid, Baltic New Ball, Regent Sloane, Ferro Roma, Baltic Large Veneta, Eclipse Large Veneta, and Tiger Medium Veneta)...well yikes that's double-digits! (Yes, I know I have no self-control.) So anyway, I'm going to do my best to just ENJOY all these lovely bags this year. (If I can make it...though if Ottone gets rereleased, it could mean trouble :graucho:)

:drool:

I bought all my BV pieces (2 bags, a few accessories) in 2008 and am planning/wishing/hoping to add another one this year, the medium Veneta in black.

While in Chicago over Christmas I saw and almost bought the Cocker in ebano.
It was 50% off as they are discontinued and it had been on my wish list earlier.
I resisted as I knew I would have just bought it b/c of the price and not b/c I really wanted it.
I REALLY want the medium Veneta though, so I'm waiting for a good deal on that one.

Other than that I'm trying to be good this year as last year was quite productive in terms of adding to my (eclectic) collection of bags :nuts:

Do deals happen on medium veneta's? if so ...online or in store?

I'm located in the UK at the moment and last December Harvey Nichols had a 25% off sale on all A/W 08 and I got the large Veneta in black for a very good price.
Hoping that they'll do s.th. similar this year...but even if that's not going to happen, buying the medium here is still less expensive than what it is in the States atm.