NOW I REALLY NEED HELP FAQs/General Reference subforum to BV

jburgh

BV ~ Ferragamo ~ TODs
O.G.
Aug 17, 2007
A general and FAQs related Reference sub has been approved for our BV subforum. What would you like to see in it? What stickies do you think would be valuable? I have been looking around at other forums that have this (Bal and H are the best) and have some ideas swirling around in my head. I'd like to get your input for useful topics that we could have there. The ones that come up frequently would be a sticky, and other items that you need for understanding would be stickies, too.

possible stickies...

1. Leather care, cleaning, and maintenance
2. Leather guide: pics of leather types, discussion of differences
3. Size reference - measurements of styles and side by side pics of different sizes within a style.
4. Something historical about the brand.
5. Scarf Reference
6. Jewelry reference

Other topics could be:
repair/rejuvenation stories and before/after pics
fading issues

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Wonderful news! One suggestion would be to move the "Worldwide BV Articles" sticky over to the new subforum - it seems to fit there too.

Not sure we need a "fading issues" topic at this point - I can't recall anyone having issues with fading BVs... maybe a color transfer topic instead (but both really fit into leather care and maintenance though). Otherwise the suggested stickies/topics all seem to make sense.

As for additions - what about "How to read a BV tag" - or do we want to avoid giving counterfeiters easy access to that information? Another thought (but maybe it fits more in the Color Reference subforum) is a historical list of seasonal colors by year (Carmino was F/W 07, Cassis Resort 07/08, Eclipse F/W 08 - that sort of thing...) I think collectively we have a lot of that information in our heads, but it would be useful to get it all written down for authenticating purposes and just general knowledge.

Color by year or season? That one is hugely helpful in the bal forum.

A sticky to collect all the threads about preferred purse inserts. That's a popular topic for BV lovers.

Another thought (but maybe it fits more in the Color Reference subforum) is a historical list of seasonal colors by year (Carmino was F/W 07, Cassis Resort 07/08, Eclipse F/W 08 - that sort of thing...) I think collectively we have a lot of that information in our heads, but it would be useful to get it all written down for authenticating purposes and just general knowledge.

Hey jburgh - either you are REALLY fast or great minds definitely think alike! Looks great and I think it is going to be really helpful!

This sounds great. I would love more reference information.

What about a "classics" section for bag styles that are repeated every year that are truly considered classic "icons" of BV?

Also what about a "men's bags" section?

I agree with Alexis77. Care/Maintenance would be of great help.

Also, what about a reference thread by material used? There are so many BV leathers, exotics, canvas, etc.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Right now I am reworking Bunkie's great color reference thread. I am doing screen captures of all the colors so I can upload directly to tPF. Plus I am posting colors in order and doing some placeholder posts so when I add more, they will stay in order.

We have our General reference!!!!!!

I've been working on it this morning, but now need your help. Please start to post in the stickies and threads I started. I will look for posts, pics to move into, but right now most are blank. Also, there are 2 discussion threads for some stickies. These will help build the guides.

Remember, this forum will only be as good as we can make it.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I am a newcomer to BV, having wondered over from Prada and now I can't leave.:P This is a great idea as it will really help a BV newbie like myself to gain knowledge. Many thanks!:tup:

JBURGH YOU ARE AMAZING...you dedicate so much time and are so informative ...lots of hugs and appreciation for everything you do to make this forum a better place for us:smile: