Now I am a believer.

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Before, I didn't think that TV has an influence on the way we think about our bodies...but I do now.

I just got back from Italy and while I was there, I watched their "Deal or no deal" version and my first impression when I saw those models was "Eww..."

Deal-or-no-deal there has all shapes and sizes models, our deal-or-no-deal has only one...tall and well-toned.

I guess I got that reaction because on our TV--the image of beauty is not the same as theirs.

2. That's really interesting. Americans can learn a lot from other countries on so many topics.

3. :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

4. :yes:

5. Yeah, I completely agree with boxermom! Sometimes, I wonder what we're thinking?!?!

6. It's really sad that young girls feel that they have to harm themselves. To be so thin it is unhealthy.

7. Wow- That's very enlightening! I bet I would have the same reaction. Kinda sad when you think of it that anyone not tall and slender isn't attractive...