Notorious Ruth Bader Ginsburg

The documentary "RBG" is on CNN tonight at 10pm eastern. For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, I HIGHLY recommend it. And if you've already seen it, watch it again!

If not live, then we must record it. Well worth everyone’s time. I watched Showtime’s On the Basis of Sex. Total respect, awe and admiration for this intelligent and elegant lady.

@Love Of My Life thank you for starting this thread. :heart:

I am enjoying hearing about how her and Scalia had a deep friendship aside from have differing opinions. They could respect each for what they held in common. There’s such a decency in that. Even more poignant given what appears to be a lack of decency in our leadership now.

True enough! They bonded over their mutual love of opera. I thought they were very cute together- you could tell how much they enjoyed each other and their friendship.

We need leaders who know the constitution and listen, not ones who preach, yell, twist facts, encourage anarchy, turn elections into popularity contests. That’s the point about RBG. She was a highly intelligent critical thinker which meant she could articulate her argument in a convincing, methodical, dispassionate manner. She understood the nuances of the law well enough to argue her point effectively. As the NYT says, she was a litigator and strategist in the legal sense. Using a common metaphor, she ‘played chess while others played checkers‘.

ETA: just my opinion and general thoughts. It is not directed at any current politicians or leaders. Cheers to all. :drinks:

Last edited: