Noticed defect in shoes ready to ship to buyer... help

Good evening everyone-

I am hoping you all help me out like tonight if possible. This is my first selling experience on E-Bay and I am selling a pair of shoes that had been in my closet for 3 years that were brand new never worn. While packing up the shoes I noticed that the insides seemed to have dry rotted a little.

My conscious is really getting the best of me and I don't want to get a negative rating. I was already to ship the shoes tomorrow when I noticed this. I want to contact the buyer and give her options on how to proceed.

Should I:

Charge her a fair to me but reduced price?
Cancel it altogether

I need help. I know in the grand scheme of things the damage is more than I am making it out to be but again my conscience is bothering me and I am wondering what I should do.

Thanks.

That happened to me once! I had these amazing pair of shoes stored for months and when I was packing them up to ship to them to a lovely buyer, I noticed a small crease on the side. I informed her and emailed her a close up photo and asked if she would like a discount and continue with the transaction or void it. She decided to take the discount and appreciated the fact I was honest.

You could tell your buyer the situation and send her some photos if possible and then let her decide if she wants to go ahead with the sale at a discount or cancel it.

Absolutely good advice. Be honest with the buyer and explain exactly what has happened and let her decide what she wants to do. I'm sure she will understand. I would.