Nothing fancy--but I came home with a black caviar jumbo with silver h/w

leem

O.G.
Dec 18, 2006
I got it at Saks yesterday. I opted out of the gorgeous lambskin because "delicate" and I don't go together! It scanned at 2650, but my SA did an override to 2250 (I put it on presale on the 30th). And, I had a $450 EGC card, so it is like I bought it back in February before the 1st price increase like I should have!

Sidebar: There was a lovely lady there (slight accent, from Budapest although lived in US for years) who complimented and said I couldn't go wrong with it. She said, I have 15 Chanels, but I am an old lady. She was so pretty and elegant.

Congrats!!! Flaps are so gorgeous! You made the right choice by going for caviar leather. Lambskin is stunning but it shows wear SO much faster!

SAKS has new prices in their system already?

I was going to get the leather that has a sheen because it is treated. It might be more durable, but still seemed delicate and even like it might lose its shape over time. I think I will grow to love the caviar more and more.

And, yes, it did have them in the system. I was standing at the computer when she scanned it!

Congrats on your new bag!

Lambskin is elegant, but caviar is such a care-free leather. I'm sure you'll grow to love it! I love lambskin, but I think I would drive myself crazy trying not to scratch it, which I'm sure no matter how careful one is, it will eventually get scratches on it.

I think you made a great choice!
Enjoy! :heart:

^ITA. I would honestly never get a flap in lambskin. I really love the texture and durability of caviar. I know that lambskin is softer and more "luxurious", but it's not realistic for someone like me.