Jimmy Choo not wild about my Wildcat

May 23, 2006
Just received the Wildcat Carolina that I ordered from NAP for 50% off. Unfortunately, its in lousy shape. :tdown:

Its a fall 07 bag that's clearly been sitting around in a storeroom for a while. The haircalf is quite matted down, and there are four or five spots where it is "balding" already and you can see through to the skin base. The skin is also flaking in a few places. And right on the front, there is a spot where stitching is showing through the haircalf.

I love the style and I've wanted an animal-print bag in my wardrobe for a long time, but this one's going back. I could live with a few small flaws, given the deep discount, but this is too much. Not sure yet if I'll reorder it.

I'm in my office but will try to take some BlackBerry pics later of the damage before I return it. Here are pics of more-perfect versions... :crybaby:

attachment.php

129946842_o.jpg

116791773_o.jpg

Last edited:
Oh no, so sorry your Carolina arrived in such bad condition Cosmo. It is such a chic bag. Are you going to replace it? Are you concerned after seeing the shape of yours that the bag will not wear well? I really love the style. As far as I know it comes in Wildcat, Eel, and Alligator. Not sure if there are other materials and leathers. I wear my eel Carolina alot and it still looks brand new.

May 23, 2006
^Thanks Samantha. I love the style, and both NAP and jimmychoo.com both still have more left at 50% off. I'm just worried about ordering another one sight unseen, because many of these sale bags are probably in lousy shape at this point. I'm afraid that if I want to get a haircalf bag, I need to buy it in-person IRL.

jmcadon

Jimmy Choo lover
Jul 2, 2007
Oh no! That is the problem with the sale stuff. I have heard time and again about used, returned or just plain shop damaged goods from all retailers. I am so sorry Cosmo, because this is such a beautiful bag...

jmcadon

Jimmy Choo lover
Jul 2, 2007
I don't use it very often, but I will say that when I do, it sheds quite a bit. No bald spots yet, but there may be eventually. I have seen quite a few hair bags on ebay that all have that problem. I got mine for such a good price from Saks (640.00) that I just couldn't pass it up.

I don't use it very often, but I will say that when I do, it sheds quite a bit. No bald spots yet, but there may be eventually. I have seen quite a few hair bags on ebay that all have that problem. I got mine for such a good price from Saks (640.00) that I just couldn't pass it up.

Wow, I had no idea you had gotten such a good deal. I would not have passed on that one either. It must be a fun bag to wear:wlae:

jmcadon

Jimmy Choo lover
Jul 2, 2007
^^It is a very fun bag. I got it during one of those crazy sales after Christmas. It was an impulse purchase, I was actually looking for one of the Mahalas in sage that went on sale at the same time.

May 23, 2006
Here are pics showing some of the--err--problem areas. This whole thing really ticks me off! :cursing:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Carolina1.JPG
    Carolina1.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 174
  • Carolina2.JPG
    Carolina2.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 167
  • Carolina3.JPG
    Carolina3.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 159
  • Carolina4.JPG
    Carolina4.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 164
  • Carolina5.JPG
    Carolina5.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 158

nana00

Jul 7, 2007
Oh no, so sorry your Carolina arrived in such bad condition Cosmo. It is such a chic bag. Are you going to replace it? Are you concerned after seeing the shape of yours that the bag will not wear well? I really love the style. As far as I know it comes in Wildcat, Eel, and Alligator. Not sure if there are other materials and leathers. I wear my eel Carolina alot and it still looks brand new.

Sorry Cosmo, hope it all works out for the best! I also have to thank you as I've been eyeing, more like :drool: for this bag for a while now & after reading this I don't think I want it but the Carolina in eel is a different story :heart:! Samantha your bag is beautiful, is it still available or no such luck?