not washing your hair--Water only/Conditioner only hair washing

I use Matrix Biolage Cleansing Conditioner, in both the Coarse and Curly hair options. Both smell divine and leave my hair soft, manageable & shiny. I alternate them, because I found that the coarse hair option over time was too heavy. I have blonde highlighted hair that's very thick, wavy and hard to manage. Did I say already that they smell divine :love:

Who said they weren't showering? That's a big leap from people saying they don't use regular shampoo.

I shower regularly, I wet my hair regularly, I cleanse with something other than a harsh shampoo, and I apply conditioner. My hair smells good.

I didn't say people here saying no showers. I was comparing if someone didn't shower for 1-2 days they would have body odor of some sort because we all sweat and produce body oil etc to a certain degree, so those need to be washed off effectively. We can't just rinse the body, must apply some kind of "soap" product. I was saying compared to hair, the hair- scalp would become smelly even sooner due to all the hair as there's going to be even more sweat etc. and yes some people specially said they "don't shampoo for 3,4, even 5 days" so I can't imagine their head/hear not becoming smelly.

We can't just rinse the body, must apply some kind of "soap" product. I was saying compared to hair, the hair- scalp would become smelly even sooner due to all the hair as there's going to be even more sweat etc. and yes some peop

I think this is highly individual. I wash my hair about once a week. I do wet it in the shower since it gets unruly but I would never say it gets smelly. Also, I almost never use any kind of body soap, the last time was in mid April, when I stayed at a hotel and used their swimmingpool. I like to get the chlorine smell out, otherwise only water is usually enough.

To get to the topic of this thread. I've been contemplating using only Conditioner ever since some coworkers recommend it but since I don't schampoo so often as it is, I don't really think there will be any big difference for me.

I've known about no-shampoo, especially since it seems with my oily, dandruffy hair I need to shampoo everyday. My daughter is almost 5 and I have never put shampoo into her hair. When she bathes, I will rinse her hair in the bathwater. Her hair is fine/thin. I rinse her hair with bathwater when it gets dirty or whenever she wants to bathe (sometimes everyday or sometimes as little as once a week). While frequency ranges, her hair looks and feels great.
I have told friends to try the no-shampoo, given that shampoo is not regulated and has ingredients that are often not substantiated or checked to do what brands claim they do. One friend tried it while on vacation for two weeks at an off-the-grid bed and breakfast place in Latin America. By the time she came back she was "off" of her addiction to shampoo. I have another friend who did it as well. Her hair looked amazing, like she was always just walking out of a salon (yet, she didn't blowdry or anything, and I know since she and I were sharing hotel rooms)! She travels with a baking soda paste and a bit of apple cider vinegar for her hair but otherwise her hair seemed so low-maintenance.

I started my own no-shampoo about two weeks ago since I mostly tele-commuting. After 5 days I had to shampoo. I was happy about lasting that long. I'm back to trying this week and I am counting at 8 days. I'm rinsing everyday, giving myself a scratchy scalp rub under water, and airdry. I don't need any product. Hopefully I can last about a month to reset my hair and have hair that is no-maintenance. These last couple days have been really oily, so I have been putting up my hair in ponytails and clips. Wish me luck!

OK I'm trying to do a go at this. I normally wash my hair 3 days week, sun, wed, and fri. The last wash I did with shampoo was last Friday on Sunday my normal wash day I just did a water "wash" and conditioned it. My hair took forever to blow dry. I've been brushing my hair with a boars hair nylon mix brush in hopes to minimize the oiliness of my hair. Today I had to water wash my hair cause it felt so icky, again I conditioned it, and again it took forever to blowdry. I know it takes a while before your hair stops looking oily/icky but it really feels grimy too me. How long did it take before it started to calm down and not feel icky fellow no pooers? Also I have a haircut at the end of next week where my hair will obviously be washed with shampoo, will that set me back? Also did anyone else have issues blow drying their hair, it took substantially longer than normal and never really felt dry it still felt somewhat damp near the scalp but the ends were dry. I'm not super big on blow drying my hair but in summer with the heat and humidity and winter with our extreme cold weather are the two times of year I regularly blow dry. Spring and fall I typically air dry my hair. I feel like I'm doing this wrong.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using PurseForum mobile app

I tried co-washing last night and really like the results. I used the Costco/Kirkland Pureology knockoff conditioner and my hair has more bounce and shine than I expected. I'm going to try co-washing with the TJ conditioner this weekend, but so far so good. I have fine mostly straight hair that has a bit of a wave to it.
first cowash I tried was Hair One. I liked it but it gets bad reviews. some people said it dried their hair out. I wanted to try something else so bought As I Am, which is highly rated. didn't like that one.

I have the kirkland conditioner. maybe I'll try that next time.

I went from washing with egg to washing with a conditioner. At the moment I'm using Garnier Banana mask, plus Aussie moisturizing conditioner for my ends as I have light streaks in my hair and the ends tend to dry up.

Reactions: sdkitty