Not very impressed with LV SAs!

prettyfit

Princess HoneyMelon
Mar 21, 2006
Hello everyone, i recently visited our local boutique for a look see on the neverfull and galliera with my friends. One of the SAs attended to us after a ten minutes wait. The SAs were chatting happily away even when they saw us. I felt it was really unprofessional. I wasn't impressed.

So i looked at the bags and decided on the neverfull and couldn't make up my mind between the MM and GM. I was hesitating because i felt i liked the MM more while my friends and SA said that the GM looked better on me with the slouchy feel. So there i was deciding between the bags. I feel like if i'm spending that much money on a bag, i need to really love it on me.

I was NOT impressed when the SA said, "Look, you've asked for my opinion and i told you but if you don't want to accept it. I can't do anything for you. " I was like :tdown: As far as i know, i'm the customer and i need your help to decide, i understand that she don't have to prefer the MM to the GM but the way she said it was very rude. I felt like maybe she was being helpful but as the SA, you should respect what your customer like. And not tell them that if you don't accept their opinion, It's like implying i've got something to lose? I'm really baffled at her attitude. I do not deserve this kind of treatment when i'm purchasing something from you. I can say that i'm a nice customer and do not ever make things hard for the SAs.

I was really shocked when i heard her. I told her that i would look around and then decide after that. In the end i took the GM, because my friend convinced me that it looked better on me and i actually have to admit that it's true. And i've fallen in love with that jumbo bag now. Wasn't impressed with the SA. She wasn't particular helpful and when i asked about the damiers neverfull, she said she had no idea what i was talking about and that LV is not going to make them.

On the other hand, i looked at the tahitienne charm and loved it. It's so cute, i might get that for my 2nd anniversary next wk. Hehe. I might be reading too much in this but i generally get really sweet and nice treatment from SAs. Thanks for listening to my rant. :smile:

That is really rude I think, sure it is nice to get an SA's opinion but I don't think you have to follow what they think. Plus they should be patient with you its only fair, it took me like 45 minutes to pick my bag from LV and the SA never rushed me or got snappy with which style she liked best.

Congrats on you anniversary!

I think that sort of treatment deserves a letter of complaint. Not a phone call, but an actual letter. The SA's in the store nearest me haven't been too friendly with me, either. They supposedly ordered an epi strap for my alma, hadn't heard anything, so I stopped in 2 weeks later. I actually talked with the manager who had an "oh, well" attitude. I don't think I even got an apology. Luckily, my credit card was never charged, but I haven't been very happy with their "service". I've talked to other TPF'ers in my area who have felt the same way as me. I'd love to find a personable, knowledgeable, polite SA near me!

I'm sorry to hear that, but don't give up just yet! I had to keep going to LV (and switch boutiques) before I found my SA. Now I have a blast at LV every time! When you go back to LV, just try to find someone nicer to help you and maybe you can start going to them every time. Good luck.

I am so sorry that it happened to you. I am sure many people in TPF including me and my friends have been through with those kind of attitudes from SAs at the botiques. They really should not deserve to work there at all! I am not sure is it beacuase they work for hi-end designer brand, so they can be "proud" of themselves?!? Well, I juse hope that one day LV will take these matters really seriously as this is ruining their reputation of their services. One of their policy is "Never say No" to the customers. Oh well, I just hate dealing with those types of SA. So the best way is just look for another SA and ask them to service you instead as I think that those types of SAs should not get the credit (at least from me) from selling goods!

Unfortunately I've come across more rude SA's than nice ones when it comes to LV. I can't stand the "glare" they give you when you walk in the door where they look you up and down as if they are wondering if you're worth their time.

Such a shame.

I started with Coach for "designer" bags and have only had awesome experiences there. Even at the outlets I get amazing treatment even if I'm only buying a stinking key chain.

LV really needs to open their eyes. They have lost sales from me because I refuse to play their game. I'll walk out of the boutique. I don't need anything bad enough to be treated in that manner. I'd rather carry a reusable grocery store bag than a gorgeous LV bought from a snob.

lol and it was only 15 minutes of her time and she was being rude. And she said that oh why do people keep coming in even when we're closing soon? I mean come on, if you're still open for business then expect people to come in.

And she actually yawned in front of me without covering her mouth. I thought that was kind of rude if you're serving a customer.

There's only one boutique where i live but i fly to singapore every now and then so i hope i meet better SAs there. I've been frequenting this local boutique for a few years now. When i was with my dad, they gave us champagne and delivered our purchases to our place few years ago. He even got a VIP gift from the exact boutique.

Well, she was on good terms with manager as they were chatting away. I doubt it is useful to complain, i guess i need to move on to Gucci or Bally which are few shops away.

Try a couple other LV's. I've come across a couple rude SA's but i literally ignore them or force them to talk to me. But most SA's I find are very nice and helpful. Go to a couple more LV's and see if the customer service better. You just need to find that one SA and make him/her your usual SA. =)

lol and it was only 15 minutes of her time and she was being rude. And she said that oh why do people keep coming in even when we're closing soon? I mean come on, if you're still open for business then expect people to come in.

And she actually yawned in front of me without covering her mouth. I thought that was kind of rude if you're serving a customer.

There's only one boutique where i live but i fly to singapore every now and then so i hope i meet better SAs there. I've been frequenting this local boutique for a few years now. When i was with my dad, they gave us champagne and delivered our purchases to our place few years ago. He even got a VIP gift from the exact boutique.

Well, she was on good terms with manager as they were chatting away. I doubt it is useful to complain, i guess i need to move on to Gucci or Bally which are few shops away.

Gah, I find the majority of LV SAs in Singapore quite snobbish as well. It's really hard to get good service here especially if you are a local like me. :Push:

Well I actually ran across a very very rude LV SA in the chaps-elyseés store in paris, because I went there in the morning when I was in paris like 10 minutes (visiting that store was first thing to do on my list :P offcourse) but I wanted an pegase and an an Abbesses and I asked her where I could find those, and she looked at me with an look like you can't afford this but still helped me find them and I took like 45 minutes of her time to find some things in the store (it's wat to big) and wanted to try on a watch when she started to ask me are you sure you have been looking for a long time.... I tried it on and didn't like it, so asked her to put it back, she did that and looked at me really angry, than I asked her to check if they had a pair of shoes in my size they didn't than I asked her to check if they had them somewhere else in paris. She checked and said after checking "Why do you need to know this you're not buying anything because you just can't afford it." (I was wearing Dolce shoes, Armani jacket, True Religion jeans, and Burberry coat) So I was like ok.... you *****. So I left the store and thought ok I hate you but I did remember her name.

After I was going to the Avenue Montaigne store to get my fabolous sneakers :P I actually ran across the nicest SA I actually still go to and I purchased 2 pair of shoes 2 bags and a wallet from, and got me moved up the iPhone case wait list :P I asked her if I could do something about the very rude SA, she said I should complain at the manager, so I went back to LV champs-elyseés and ran into her immediatley (I went back in the evening so I bought a few more things in paris at Dolce & burberry) and she looked at me and said you spend all your savings so you can have an actual authentic designer item to brag with so I was like OMG asked for the manager at an other SA, explained everything to her and she told me it wasn't her first complain an warning and she actually fired her in the same room (I had never been so happy to see somebody getting fired Sorry I know it's rude but it's the thruth) and after that I still purchased the Abbesses and Pegase :P but now I have my very nice SA at LV avenue Montaigne

And also had an very ruds SA at Dolce & Gabbana because she was like looking at me very weird and helping other customers first and it took her about 20 minutes to get me a pair of shoed but now SA are nice and haven't ran into a rude one in a while. I know it's a long read but thought lets just tell me LV SA story since everyone apparently has one :P

Unfortunately I've come across more rude SA's than nice ones when it comes to LV. I can't stand the "glare" they give you when you walk in the door where they look you up and down as if they are wondering if you're worth their time.

Such a shame.

I started with Coach for "designer" bags and have only had awesome experiences there. Even at the outlets I get amazing treatment even if I'm only buying a stinking key chain.

LV really needs to open their eyes. They have lost sales from me because I refuse to play their game. I'll walk out of the boutique. I don't need anything bad enough to be treated in that manner. I'd rather carry a reusable grocery store bag than a gorgeous LV bought from a snob.

I totally agree with you on the treatment at Coach. I have developed such a wonderful relationship with an SA at my local outlet (the only outlet in Oregon - score!) she will even call me at home if they get in a bag she knew I was looking for. She even secured for me a Miranda when I wanted to find one for my mom. In fact, I haven't met an SA in that store that was not absolutely on point with their customer service.

I keep my LV boutique visits to a minimum (not just because I live a 2.5 hour drive away) for the reasons presented numerous times here on the Forum. I'm the customer, I come first. Period. I work as an escrow officer (VERY service-oriented) and feel that is the absolute truth.

Hearing all of this makes me angry. I wish there were a boutique near me so when I retire I could work there part-time. Of course they probably don't hire chunky middle-aged people like me, and maybe that's part of their problem. The older I have gotten the more I have come to appreciate good service. As an employee I would do my best to serve the customer. After all, what's the difference between buying a product online or in person? The customer service.

Wow, she was definitely rude. Did you end up buying the Neverfull GM from her or from another SA? If she was rude like that to me, I would've said something like "Look, if you don't want to help me, that's fine. You can have someone else help me." and definitely not buy it from her. :tdown: to her.