Not too happy with Coach Tonight. PCE stinks.

So, I just got off a 9 hour plane ride home from Germany and I wanted to go to Coach and use my PCE that I've been waiting to use because it's the last day and I just made it.
I went to the store and found that half the store was excluded from the event! I was so upset. When and why did they start excluding stuff from the PCE? It didn't used to be that way.
Isn't the PCE supposed to be a way that Coach shows appreciation to their most loyal customers? Customers who buy their products at regular price the rest of the time??!!? Uggh. That makes me mad.
Of course, why shouldn't Coach allow the stuff that is just about ready to go to the outlets be sold for 25% off? That way they can make a little more money now on the stuff that will be in the Outlets soon at 40% or more off.
I'm gonna go explore other purse options for a while. :cursing:

i know that sucks, some stores let you use pce on excluded items, some dont. just wait and youll probably get what you want at 40% off in outlets in like 4-5 months.

This isn't the first time stuff had been excluded from PCE but Kattykay is right some ladies have been able to get some excluded items. I don't get why they do it but usually in the next PCE it won't be excluded.

So, I just got off a 9 hour plane ride home from Germany and I wanted to go to Coach and use my PCE that I've been waiting to use because it's the last day and I just made it.
I went to the store and found that half the store was excluded from the event! I was so upset. When and why did they start excluding stuff from the PCE? It didn't used to be that way.
Isn't the PCE supposed to be a way that Coach shows appreciation to their most loyal customers? Customers who buy their products at regular price the rest of the time??!!? Uggh. That makes me mad.
Of course, why shouldn't Coach allow the stuff that is just about ready to go to the outlets be sold for 25% off? That way they can make a little more money now on the stuff that will be in the Outlets soon at 40% or more off.
I'm gonna go explore other purse options for a while. :cursing:

I totally agree, and you have their "wisdom" figured out...I plan to explore other options as well.

I agree. it's frustrating and confusing to have so many restrictions. But remember, you should still be able to get most of the new non-purse items: wristlets, wallets, shoes, charms, keyfobs, swing packs, mini skinnys, wearables, all jewelry, fragrance, etc. It specifically states that these items are allowed to be purchased with the pce. Hope that makes things a little better. :shrugs:

I always read the fine print as soon as I get the card so I don't get my heart set on buying something that's excluded.

And, no, I don't think it's really truly a way for COACH to appreciate their best clients.
It's to get people into the store and hand over their cash/credit cards.

I think alot of people agree with you. When I was at the coach boutique today, there was a lady griping that the pce was not fair to not include the Zoe. The SA looked like she felt bad for the lady.

It's such a big tease! All these goodies we can't even touch.

From what I hear, the Hamptons, Legacy and Zoe collections will be included in the next PCE but still no Hamptons Vintage. Since not all stores are carrying it, they'll still be excluding it from PCE.

I always read the fine print as soon as I get the card so I don't get my heart set on buying something that's excluded.

And, no, I don't think it's really truly a way for COACH to appreciate their best clients.
It's to get people into the store and hand over their cash/credit cards.

Well said!

I went into the boutique this afternoon with the intent of getting a few accessory items but came out emptyhanded.:shrugs:
(It was a smaller boutique)

I did get to smell/try on the new Legacy perfume so I will be thinking on wheather or not to get it.
Its very different, not sure how to describe it! Its nice though.
I flipped through the "Lookbook" and saw the ombre Sabrina.
Very pretty but expensive.

The metallic/mirrored Julianne that is coming out is TDF!!!!!!!
It comes in gold and bronze, but no silver.:sad:

I am glad that I didnt really care for the Petrol Zoe color too since it was excluded.
IRL it is definately grey and not at all as purpley as I had hoped.

The other two items that I was planning on getting they didnt have so....
I am going to the "Big" boutique tomorrow and I am hopeful that they will have what I want there.

You are right, the P.C.E is to getcha in the door. I do try to practice restraint while there!

COACH hasn't impressed me in a while. I did receive a patent plum sophie as a present, otherwise, I wouldn't have purchased anything myself. I've been on a hiatus lately and selling off and giving to my mom and sister most of my coach stuff. I still have most of the accessories, wallets and capacity wristlets, other than that I think my love affair with COACH has ended.

I did recently purchase a damier neverfull mm, which I love! So I think I'll be using that exclusively for now.

If exploring other options, have you guys seen the new leather Dooney that Hayden Panetierre is modeling on the website? It's TDF! Im totally looking forward to seeing those in the store!

I don't understand why so many people get upset over an exclusion. If you look at coupons places like Macy*s has, almost everything with a brand name is excluded. Even grocery store coupons exclude or limit stuff. Maybe reading the fine print on anything that seems too good to be true should be in order so you don't get your heart set on it.

They have been excluding things for a while. It's not consistent, so not every time it happens. The jewelry was when it came out. The Ergo collection was, the Bleecker collection was, the fragrance at one point was. I've said it once, I'll say it again, stop looking a gift horse in the mouth. I bet if many of you complaining didn't get a card, we'd have to hear to complain about that too.

I also cannot understand why so many people get so upset over the exclusions. Coach doesn't have to send these out at all, and to me it makes sense from a business point of view that the newest items are going to be excluded.

That being said, it annoys me that many of the SAs wave the exclusions. I would have liked to have had a Peyton, but it is out of my price range w/o the 25% off. It wouldn't bother me that I was not able to purchase it at the discount (I did ask) except it looks like quite a few people were given the discount. Sorry, but if they are going to be exclusions, Coach should set a specific list of bags that are excluded and not give SAs the ability to choose whether to wave them or not.

Yes, that's the part that I get annoyed about myself. If stuff is excluded, it should be excluded across the board for everyone, not just for those of us who can't manage to find somebody who'll do it for us anyway. I'm happy for those who got that Peyton on PCE, but I'm still ticked at Coach for not managing to have any kind of consistency on this kind of stuff. *grumble*

I do know this much: that if I am fortunate enough to get another PCE card next time, I'm going to resist buying on the first day, and wait until the following weekend. I was so annoyed that I used mine on that first Friday, and then on the following Friday, they released all those great new accessories, like the mini-skinnies. Yes, I bought one anyway because I love it, but every time I look at it, I see the extra $15 I could have saved if I'd only known earlier.

Last edited: