Not to be offensive but do you tend to assume other LV bags/wallets you see are fake?

Do you tend to assume other LV bags but yours are fake? If you see them on a stranger

• Honestly, yes I do.

• No, I can tell the difference.

• I do, but that is because majority of what I have seen are fake.

• No, because i've never seen a fake bag infront of me.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I can usually tell if I bag is real based on the vachetta/ way the monogram is... and obvi the murakami when there's red LV's and odd handle length etc... but honestly,, with wallets and stuff,, I really can't tell... probably because I don't own an LV wallet, and since there's no vachetta on a lot,, I find it hard to tell real from replica. haha

You'd be surprised. The newer counterfeit bags are scary accurate. The more expensive knock offs have accurate date codes, leather that darkens, appropriate monogram placement, appropriate stitching, etc. 9 times out of 10, the typical gal of the street wouldn't be able to tell the difference. It's like... It's like a generation of super fakes... Frightening!!

those two words should never be in the same sentence! LOL. Oh dear, how times have changed. For all that might as well just buy it real.

You'd be surprised. The newer counterfeit bags are scary accurate. The more expensive knock offs have accurate date codes, leather that darkens, appropriate monogram placement, appropriate stitching, etc. 9 times out of 10, the typical gal of the street wouldn't be able to tell the difference. It's like... It's like a generation of super fakes... Frightening!!

That really makes me sick. I just don't get it. People should just save up and buy the real deal not some super knock off that is probably going to cost an arm and a leg anways. Some people are just so foolish.

those two words should never be in the same sentence! LOL. Oh dear, how times have changed. For all that might as well just buy it real.

Haha, totally agree, lady. For the price that some of these disgusting "higher end" knock offs cost, you could just buy an authentic pre-loved bag. This really boggles the mind.....

That really makes me sick. I just don't get it. People should just save up and buy the real deal not some super knock off that is probably going to cost an arm and a leg anways. Some people are just so foolish.

I am with you on this one. For the money that some people spend on these fake bags, as I said above, they could buy authentic pre-loved OR put that money toward a brand new authentic.

I have always been a firm believer that you buy designer for the quality, not the name. The fact that LV is gorgeous is just the icing on the cake! So those people who purchase knock offs are simply trying to project an image of wealth and luxury and are ultimately trying to impress others, that's all it is. I will never understand this school of thought. I buy LV and other higher end bags not only because I think they are stunning, but because I know I will not have to go out and replace my bags in a few months after they start falling apart. I have several LV's in my collection that are well over 10 years old, and they still look amazing.

Honestly I hate when someone wearing an ugly fake shows it off as it were authentic thinking I cannot see any difference because THEY can't see any difference. :faint:
I'm becoming more and more good at spotting fakes! It's becoming one of my favourite sport when I'm out my boyfriend.:P But of course I wish there weren't any...

Haha, totally agree, lady. For the price that some of these disgusting "higher end" knock offs cost, you could just buy an authentic pre-loved bag. This really boggles the mind.....

I think they DON'T want to save money for a new bag or invest on a pre-owned bag because they think they get the same thing for just a fraction of the price.

Last edited:
i look and pretty much can tell the obvious ones. but some old styles that are so beaten up i can't tell... unless it looks downright dowdy... sometimes though i wonder if some people assume that my damier pochette melville is fake since they discontinued that one.. I still love and use it tho.

Whenever I see an NF mono, or batignolles I always think it's real for some reason. Or if I am in a really high end shopping mall like Bal Harbor. Not scientific logic but...yes, usually I think what I see is real unless it's obviously not.

Honestly I hate when someone wearing an ugly fake shows it off as it were authentic thinking I cannot see any difference because THEY can't see any difference. :faint:
I'm becoming more and more good at spotting fakes! It's becoming one of my favourite sport when I'm out my boyfriend.:P But of course I wish there weren't any...

I think they DON'T want to save money for a new bag or invest on a pre-owned bag because they think they get the same thing for just a fraction of the price.

True...I'm not sure the idea of the value of the quality of authenticity registers for some.

Agreed^ when their fake bag falls apart, they'll just keep buying another and another. WHen you can buy one REAL one, and get it repaired by LV. What is wrong with people? Seems like no one has common sense anymore!

Hmmmm...generally I have ONLY assumed bags were fake when I saw a mono speedy with outer pockets, a mono speedy with no leaflet things on the side and the 12 or 13 color MC speedy I saw yesterday :P

Only when something is BLATANTLY wrong that I assume it's a fake...

ps. While back in malaysia on holiday last christmas, I visited a marketplace that specialized in fake goods, some of the bags they showed me looked exactly like the real deal, most memorable being a properly color-coded black mc greta, both the canvas and the leather bits felt IDENTICAL ><

Lol, this kind of ignorance is almost to the point of being annoying.

Peeps, it isn't the same thing... it's a cheap, non-quality, fake!! Bleh! :P