Not sure what to do!

SherryF

O.G.
Nov 26, 2011
Hi. I just purchased my first Chanel from the boutique inside Neiman's. I kind of made an impulsive purchase and am not sure what the name of this bag ? The bag is beautiful but I'm not sure aboit its durability.

I wanted it for an everyday bag and I'm not sure if it will be durable enough? The leather seems very soft and I'm not sure if I should have picked a tote or a caviar leather? Can anyone I.d. the bag and give me theor thoughts?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121230_210641.png
    ForumRunner_20121230_210641.png
    439.3 KB · Views: 1,140
  • ForumRunner_20121230_210700.png
    ForumRunner_20121230_210700.png
    421.2 KB · Views: 1,125
Last edited:
Congratulations! It is a beautiful bag! I would just recommend to be careful about color transfer from denim as this is a gorgeous but light colored bag. Otherwise, I think it is beautiful; but you have to love it. Think about it a bit and try it on with a few different outfits and see how you feel then. Best wishes and Happy New Year!

Was this a sale bag? It doesn't look like a classic but more like a seasonal bag which is why i asked if it was on sale. How much did you pay? Would you rather have a classic style?

Hi. Thank you for asking if it was a sale bag because as much as I like the bag, I am fearful that it won't retain it's value. I paid full price which was $3,200 .

I am still not sure if I should look for other bags? What bags do you suggest? Should I return this and research a bit on tof to learn the styles?

Hi. Thank you for asking if it was a sale bag because as much as I like the bag, I am fearful that it won't retain it's value. I paid full price which was $3,200 .

I am still not sure if I should look for other bags? What bags do you suggest? Should I return this and research a bit on tof to learn the styles?

Well, my honest opinion... I do not like this bag and I will explain why. This looks like the classic flap, but it is not. The leather/quilting if off, the flap is off, and the chain is off. So, if you like a classic flap, I would just get the real thing, not a wanna-be at a cheaper price. I am sure you know, but just in case, the classic ML flap is $4400.00 and the Jumbo is $5300.00.

I'm not sure why you didn't buy the classic flap, so I'll keep that in consideration as I write my comments.

First, I know everyone LOVES the classic flap as it is pure Chanel. For me... I have tried the classic flap on many many times, and in all sizes, and it is just not me. I have often said to myself that I needed a flap in my collection, but quite frankly, I have concluded I just don't like the style. It's a shoulder bag on a chain and I much prefer either a tote for everyday or a clutch for dressy.

That said... if you like the classic flap, I think you should just splurge and get one. There is no equal and that bag is really classic Chanel.

However, if you don't like the look of a flap like me, then I would go for a tote as an everyday bag. I love the GST and have several. The price is only $2900.00, so the price is super also. It comes in many colors, and the classic colors are black or beige. I love my GSTs and it is a great everyday bag. If you are not familiar with this bag, let me know and I can post some pics for you. Or, you can browse on the GST Club thread.

My honest opinion.. return the bag and get something along the classic line. It will be pure Chanel... the chain, the leather, the entire look.

To me, this bag doesn't quite do the trick and it's a lot of money for you not to LOVE. You have to totally LOVE LOVE LOVE a bag... these prices are too expensive.

I hope this was helpful. Good luck.

Hi. I just purchased my first Chanel from the boutique inside Neiman's. I kind of made an impulsive purchase and am not sure what the name of this bag ? The bag is beautiful but I'm not sure aboit its durability.

I wanted it for an everyday bag and I'm not sure if it will be durable enough? The leather seems very soft and I'm not sure if I should have picked a tote or a caviar leather? Can anyone I.d. the bag and give me theor thoughts?

the color is throwing me off, but I believe it's a Lady Pearly. I know it comes in gold, metallic prune w/grey sides and possibly black, so I'm unfamiliar with the color you purchased, but the design is the same, as is the price.

btw, the Jumbo is $4,900.00 in the USA, unless it has gone up during the last month (not $5,300.00 as stated above).

PS: I love the Lady Pearly as an everyday bag, and considered it many times, but never got around to purchasing it ~ maybe I still will,
What color is this?

Last edited:
baghagg said:
the color is throwing me off, but I believe it's a Lady Pearly. I know it comes in gold, metallic prune w/grey sides and possibly black, so I'm unfamiliar with the color you purchased, but the design is the same, as is the price.

btw, the Jumbo is $4,900.00 in the USA, unless it has gone up during the last month (not $5,300.00 as stated above).

PS: I love the Lady Pearly as an everyday bag, and considered it many times, but never got around to purchasing it ~ maybe I still will,
What color is this?

Thanks for correcting me on the $4900.00. You are correct. I was thinking of the wrong bag! No price increase on flaps yet.

I agree get something you will love. This just happened to me and I returned mine and got the GST thanks to lots of advice and help from others on this awesome forum, especially wileyi. I know I can't handle a flap because I don't have patience to open and close it at this point with two kids and running lots of errands, so I went with an everyday practical bag for me. With that said, I think going with the beige and GHW as Wileyi and others suggested keeps it classy and a little dressier. But I've learned my lesson on the Chanel if I'm not loving, I'm not paying. It's too much to not be loving it! Good luck!

SherryF said:

Hi. I bought the same bag and returned it! It is from the lady pearly line. I love the color, but it does not hold its shape at all. It bends on the top flap. I really wanted this color, but the bag and the very soft wrinkled leather will not hold up.

Well, my honest opinion... I do not like this bag and I will explain why. This looks like the classic flap, but it is not. The leather/quilting if off, the flap is off, and the chain is off. So, if you like a classic flap, I would just get the real thing, not a wanna-be at a cheaper price. I am sure you know, but just in case, the classic ML flap is $4400.00 and the Jumbo is $5300.00.

I'm not sure why you didn't buy the classic flap, so I'll keep that in consideration as I write my comments.

First, I know everyone LOVES the classic flap as it is pure Chanel. For me... I have tried the classic flap on many many times, and in all sizes, and it is just not me. I have often said to myself that I needed a flap in my collection, but quite frankly, I have concluded I just don't like the style. It's a shoulder bag on a chain and I much prefer either a tote for everyday or a clutch for dressy.

That said... if you like the classic flap, I think you should just splurge and get one. There is no equal and that bag is really classic Chanel.

However, if you don't like the look of a flap like me, then I would go for a tote as an everyday bag. I love the GST and have several. The price is only $2900.00, so the price is super also. It comes in many colors, and the classic colors are black or beige. I love my GSTs and it is a great everyday bag. If you are not familiar with this bag, let me know and I can post some pics for you. Or, you can browse on the GST Club thread.

My honest opinion.. return the bag and get something along the classic line. It will be pure Chanel... the chain, the leather, the entire look.

To me, this bag doesn't quite do the trick and it's a lot of money for you not to LOVE. You have to totally LOVE LOVE LOVE a bag... these prices are too expensive.

I hope this was helpful. Good luck.

This!

That's a good bag if its your 5th Chanel. If its your first and you really want a classic Chanel bag, I would recommend adding some money to get ml or jumbo. Or just get a GST or surf bag and they're cheaper but still classic collection.

What color is this?
I don't see where the color is listed. It's a mushroomy grey.

Return it! I agree with the other posts. If you don't L-O-V-E it, return it and get something that makes your heart beat faster... It is a special feeling that lets you know it is the one that you will love and wear forever... You will want to wear it right away and will not have any second thoughts about whether you should keep it... When it is the right Chanel, you will know it and not care what others think about your purchase nor will you think about the cost...