Not sure what to do...

snowandsunshine

hold me back!!!
Oct 7, 2007
I bought the Sunset Blvd in Pomme the other day and I took it out to look it over and noticed two things I don't like. I CAN NOT find a date code and it has a small gap in the stitching on one side.
I really like the bag and I don't think either of these things are going to be a problem long term, but they both kind of bug me KWIM?
What would you do? Get it repaired, return it, ignore it? I think there are a limited number of these things left - but I like perfect:shrugs:.
I'll call the SM later but I'd like a clear idea of what I want. Ideas, please?

Nevermind found the date code - it's a stamp not a tag on this bag. It's the serial number card that it didn't come with.

Exchange it! I just got a pomme ludlow wallet and exchanged it for another when i noticed a slight misalignment in the pattern. No problem at all! If the store doesn't have one in stock ask them to locate one for you.

I would exchange it, sometimes the date codes are very faint, the date code on my new bag is soooo faint I can only see it with a flashlight and even then its still faint. But the gap in the stitching is not good and for what you paid for it I would not be happy. :smile:

is the sunset blvd. a limited edition piece or is the pomme a le?

- i'm picky too, and i would return it

I phoned the store I bought it from and they are going to do an exchange. The SA says they should be getting a new shipment in soon so I may have to wait. I think all vernis colours are only in production for a limited time but I guess this one isn't over yet! Now I just have to send it back to them!

The first Amarante Sunset Blvd I bought in July did NOT have a datecode.
I looked EVERYWHERE for it, even the boutique told me it should have had a code....so I exchanged it for another one. It just didn't sit well with me that it was missing something very important, especially years down the road when it could be needed to verify authenticity. If you have any doubts at all, do what you must so you feel satisfied with your purchase. Good luck !!

If it were the last one left on the planet, I'd keep it, but seeing as they're expecting a new shipment, definitely return it. A gap in the stitching is a fault ... even if only a small one, a fault is still a fault.