Not sure what to do, SNAD, Resell?

saira1214

O.G.
May 13, 2007
I just received a Pale Pink Balenciaga Purse. I aksed a lot of questions of the buyer and she sent me all the pictures I requested. The seller is very sweet so that adds to my disappointment. When I opened the dust bag, my heart dropped. The purse appears dirty and washed out. I expected some darkening on the handles, but the handles are darker than I expected and seem to be stretched out. The purse was described as "very good" condition, but I would describe it as "fair" if not lower.

My dilema, is what I should do? I don't want to overreact and I know that descriptions can be subjective. The pictures that I recevieved did not depict these issues well. She did send me a picture of the handles, but it looks different and darker in person. Also, the color seemed to photograph better than it appears IRL. In person it looks dirty and washed out. I'm not sure if that's just how the color wears or if the description was off.

I don't want to be cast as a buyer with "buyers remorse", I just really dont think I would wear the bag in this condition. I also don't want to be pegged as a buyer that is making things up in order to "scam". I truly am disappointed with the bag. Maybe I can take it LMB, but to be honest, I'm not sure how much can be done. I have also considered reselling it, but do not think I can consciously ask for the same amount I paid. I think I would have to sell it at a loss because of the condition. Any suggestions?

Hi - hopefully you can work this out with the seller and return the bag for a refund. Don't keep it and try to clean it up...I did that with a Balenciaga and lost over £100 when I re-sold the bag with an accurate description! Hope it works out for you..

I just received a Pale Pink Balenciaga Purse. I aksed a lot of questions of the buyer and she sent me all the pictures I requested. The seller is very sweet so that adds to my disappointment. When I opened the dust bag, my heart dropped. The purse appears dirty and washed out. I expected some darkening on the handles, but the handles are darker than I expected and seem to be stretched out. The purse was described as "very good" condition, but I would describe it as "fair" if not lower.

My dilema, is what I should do? I don't want to overreact and I know that descriptions can be subjective. The pictures that I recevieved did not depict these issues well. She did send me a picture of the handles, but it looks different and darker in person. Also, the color seemed to photograph better than it appears IRL. In person it looks dirty and washed out. I'm not sure if that's just how the color wears or if the description was off.

I don't want to be cast as a buyer with "buyers remorse", I just really dont think I would wear the bag in this condition. I also don't want to be pegged as a buyer that is making things up in order to "scam". I truly am disappointed with the bag. Maybe I can take it LMB, but to be honest, I'm not sure how much can be done. I have also considered reselling it, but do not think I can consciously ask for the same amount I paid. I think I would have to sell it at a loss because of the condition. Any suggestions?
This is no help, but I never bought pale rose anything b/c in pictures it has a nice pinkish hue in pictures, but in person it looks dirty/faded. I don't know if that's what happened w/ your bag--ie it may actually BE dirty & faded (is the color wearing differently?), but I just hate that color. Did you check out picks in the Bal SF? http://forum.purseblog.com/balencia...ga-purse-shopping-shrug-tote-bags-139423.html
http://forum.purseblog.com/balenciaga-color-reference/pink-color-family-pics-only-140429.html
You could maybe use that to compare, and takes pics of the bag now you have it. I think if you're contacting the seller and saying XYZ, here are the photos, it was SNAD. Then you guys can come to terms: a partial refund or a full refund (+/- shipping). I know that if I sold something and the buyer was unhappy, I'd want a little "evidence" of what was wrong. This will also help you should you choose to file a SNAD.
Beware though, if you file SNAD & you send it bag, you will need insurance AND signature confirmation.

And don't keep it & send it to LMB, it won't be worth nearly what you paid for it, if you try to resell, I personally avoid bags sent there.

I would efinantly try to work it out twith the seller like you are doing. If I was expecting a bag in good condition, but it is only in fair condition for various reasons I would want to return it. I don't believe you have buyers remorse. You seem genuinely upset. I would only resell I bag in the case of buyers remorse. Since that is not the case definantly work on getting a refunded. If she does not work with you-you can always file a SNAD.

This is the response I got...she doesn't seem very accomodating.

That is the color of pale rose and I caputured it to the best of my ability in the pictures with and without flash. I also honestly described the bag, I am sorry but I do not accept returns as I stated that in my listing and I sent you many many pictures showing the bag. I am not sure if you have seen this bag brand new but the color is pale rose it is not bright it is a pale pink color which it is and to be honest I barely wore it as I tried to conserve the bag. This bag is from 2006 and I stated the handles condition and the tassels being split. It is not a brand new bag it is used but it is in great condition. I am not sure what you want to do but I know there were many people who were watching the bag and would want to buy it maybe you could just list it on ebay. I understand there sometimes is buyer's remorse as I have had this myself but it cannot be used against a seller who sent multiple pictures and answered all questions. "

yes -it's not your fault. if the bag is not as described in your opinion - ie if from the photos and description that you were given, and what was on the listing, you were expecting a bag in much better condition, then you are entitled to a refund IMO. I'm fed up of bags that are not at all as described and you are just expected to be grateful! She does accept returns if the item is a snad.

I would file SNAD and get your money back. Don't take a loss if if you don't feel that the bag was well described by the seller. Paypal will most likely side with you and you can get a full refund!!

the tassels being split isn't a big deal but if the bag is dirtier than expected then you can file a SNAD. seems that the idea of what "barely used" means is becoming more and more subjective.
it is a pity the seller isn't a bit more open to working together towards finding a solution that suits you both...
it will cost a bit of money to send it to LMB to be conditioned,cleaned,etc. so in the long run you might finish paying more than what you expected for this bag.
take good clear pictures of the damage for the SNAD claim and save her auction so they can be compared with the ones your seller posted.
and the usual caution: insurance,signature confirmation when you send the bag back.

Last edited:
After reading your post, it does not sound like buyers remorse at all. Even though your seller sent you many photos, as a seller myself, I know how easy it is to photograph an item and make it look better or worse, or more deeply saturated with color or more washed out, etc....it can be hard to get an accurate photo of bag....but it can be done.

In the response the seller sent to you, she said:

"I am not sure if you have seen this bag brand new but the color is pale rose it is not bright it is a pale pink color which it is and to be honest I barely wore it as I tried to conserve the bag."

This statement makes me think she had already seen her "new" bag fading and loosing it's original already pale color....and she was not wearing it, trying to preserve the color. But bags can fade even if kept in a dust bag in a dark closet.

Honestly, after reading her response to you, I feel she did misrepresent her bag. To me, this is SNAD. I'd open a case and escalate it, pronto.

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. I am certain not to get what I paid for the bag if I describe it accurately. Now I'm getting pissed.

File a SNAD. I had exactly the same thing happen to me. I bought a Pale Rose Coin Purse which was described as "new". When it arrived it was faded and brownish with wear and a stain. It was an international purchase and shipping both ways was expensive so, against my better judgement, we settled on a partial refund. I ended up selling it not much later. With an accurate description, I was only able to get half what I paid for it even including the partial refund. Ugh.