not sure if this is in right thread... but is it just me or.....

missnicoleeee

Oct 14, 2011
I had met up with this guy today because he was buying an item I was selling. When I arrived, I see this man, maybe in his 30-40s? BUT omg the outfit he was wearing!!!!! :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown:

He was wearing this like... (i'm sure it was designer) dark brown with light blue specks tweed jacket (? looks like hay being woven into a jacket) and then he had this light blue polo shirt on, with some dark, dark, dark blue true religions which was belted by this black Hermes "H" belt paired with some light brown Prada buckle looking loafers. He also had a sparkly silver watch on with a red Hermes bracelet and a pinkish Balenciaga bracelet on his other wrist. I'm sure to some (and to him), it may look good, BUT in person and in my opinion, the outfit looked ridiculously horrible put together. I seriously wish I had grabbed my phone to take a picture while he was on the phone. -_________-

I dunno, but is it just me or does anybody else get irked by people who just put together different brands because they HAVE these brands and don't even bother to match the outfit together.. if you know what I mean?

Sorry this was just a rant because ever since I moved out to SF, I have seen so many people just throwing together all these different designers and it doesn't even look good together!

Lol aww I don't mean that post to disrespect anyone in any way... And Im sure you look/dress 10x better than this guy because He was just put together really realllllly bad like in the dark bad lol

You wanted to sneak a picture of him? Why? To mock what he was wearing? That's not cool at all. What if he snuck a pic of you? What if he went to an online forum to make fun of what you were wearing?

I know you said this was a vent, but why get so worked up over what some stranger is wearing? :shrugs:

You wanted to sneak a picture of him? Why? To mock what he was wearing? That's not cool at all. What if he snuck a pic of you? What if he went to an online forum to make fun of what you were wearing?

I know you said this was a vent, but why get so worked up over what some stranger is wearing? :shrugs:

:yes:

I guess it might be entertaining in the moment, but bad outfits are a dime-a-dozen, certainly not something I could be bothered to post about afterwards on a forum. But that's just me - though I have posted sightings, so perhaps I'm not much better?

I agree completely. Also, when someone wears a belt, purse, sunglasses and shoes by the same name brand. Even though you know it's high brand it still comes off looking tacky . . .

I don't really care what others choose to wear. There are certain things that bother me, like if someone is exposing too much skin, etc., but beyond that, I'm not wearing it, so what difference does it make? As far as the brand/label, I don't see an issue with mixing and matching brands. Maybe those were his favorite designers and that's all he buys? I've been known to go out for a night on the town wearing an Herve Leger dress, Christian Louboutin heels, and carrying a Chanel clutch. Am I supposed to assume that I'm being tacky because I'm wearing too many different brands?? What if the guy showed up and was wearing all the same designer (like everything hermes)? Would you mock him for that too?

I had met up with this guy today because he was buying an item I was selling. When I arrived, I see this man, maybe in his 30-40s? BUT omg the outfit he was wearing!!!!! :tdown: :tdown: :tdown: :tdown:

He was wearing this like... (i'm sure it was designer) dark brown with light blue specks tweed jacket (? looks like hay being woven into a jacket) and then he had this light blue polo shirt on, with some dark, dark, dark blue true religions which was belted by this black Hermes "H" belt paired with some light brown Prada buckle looking loafers. He also had a sparkly silver watch on with a red Hermes bracelet and a pinkish Balenciaga bracelet on his other wrist. I'm sure to some (and to him), it may look good, BUT in person and in my opinion, the outfit looked ridiculously horrible put together. I seriously wish I had grabbed my phone to take a picture while he was on the phone. -_________-

I dunno, but is it just me or does anybody else get irked by people who just put together different brands because they HAVE these brands and don't even bother to match the outfit together.. if you know what I mean?

Sorry this was just a rant because ever since I moved out to SF, I have seen so many people just throwing together all these different designers and it doesn't even look good together!

apparently you haven't browsed tPF. Folks combine all sorts of labels at the same time, is it tacky - sometimes, especially when all the monograms or labels are on full display. Is it my style? nope.

Who cares!? lol!
Every stitch of clothing on our body is some brand. Why does it matter which ones?
He had on a dark blue and brown sports coat, blue shirt, dark rinse jeans and nice loafers.
And the issue is . . . . ?

Life's too short. I'm always shocked at how judgmental people are.
Was he being hateful to people? Causing a scene? Pushing folks out of wheelchairs?

I don't know. People like that bring a smile to my face for being unique. Even if he looked silly to you or me, he looked good to himself when he looked in the mirror. If he was a kind and happy man, thats the thing that would stand out to me not what he was wearing. I encourage peoples individuality whether it be mixing up designer crap in odd ways or mixing thrift store clothing with brand new department store clothing. Its all self expression no matter what. Perhaps he gets a kick out of getting a reaction from people like you - kinda like performance art.
Whatever the case, it makes me uncomfortable when people go as far as to be "bothered" by what someone is wearing. There are so many bigger fish to fry in this world that we should be bothered by. Not by someones ensemble.

I would have definitely laughed to myself, so I can't blame you OP! I certainly don't like when there are lots of "labels" everywhere, but I mostly would have laughed because it just seems like a really mixed up outfit even without that. I'm sure people think my outfits are funny, sometimes, too.

This man was buying somthing from you - therefore somewhere, someway your tastes must meet :biggrin:

this is pretty witty:lol:

OP, i think i can understand why you felt like that. i do feel that from time to time but when i think deeper....we all do things that make us feel good and we are entitled to our tastes. and we all or I had that kind of days too....:lol:

Hmm... are you upset/surprised by the fact that he has several designer brands in the same outfit??? Or the fact that these clothing and accessories don't match?

To me it sounds like the latter. There are people who dress different all the time. Maybe he was really eccentric, but hey, we all have our times of fashion faux-pas. I'm sure you just found his attire amusing and want to share with us, but keep in mind that a lot of ladies (and men) here are into the big designer names. The way you write things can be interpreted differently ;)