Not sure I am liking my Kristin Satchel :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aprile

Aug 30, 2009
It is in the 60s today and feels very spring like outside. I decided in honor of the beautiful day I would bring out my teal Kristin satchel and take her for a spin. I loaded my stuff in and cut the tags.

After carrying her around for awhile I'm not sure I like her and it makes me sad because she is so pretty.

I find when I put my stuff in her she is very heavy to carry around. On the shoulder it doesn't look as good as it does when it is empty either. The way it falls under my arm it kinda puffs out and doesn't seem to hang right if that makes sense. When she is empty she sits a little flatter and my arm isn't as pushed out.

The zipper issue. Half way through the pull she hangs up and I have to tug. It isn't a big deal unless you are trying to zip while it is on your arm and you can't set her down. If I have a spot to sit her on and zip it seems to work better but that isn't always an option.

I am so torn as to whether or not I should exchange her. When I look at her I love her to death but when I use it I am not happy. I could try putting less stuff in her but then that means not bringing things I need. I have been using my Tribeca and it isn't heavy at all with even more stuffed in it. For fun I took out my Sabrina which is comparable in size and shape to my Kristen and filled her with everything I had in my Kristin she isn't as heavy and sits on my shoulder better.

Guess I answered my own question maybe I will return her and look for something else. sigh... she is so pretty.

No you can't take her back once you have cut the tags off and used her :nogood: She is considered worn. xxno not allowed please reread our rules

Last edited by a moderator:
If you only carried it around the house to see if it will work for it might be allright if you have a nice Sa since you cut the tags they might let you return it or exchange it! but if you wore it out of the house I would not return it xxxnot allowed to mention! You are not suppost to return used bags!

I have never returned or exchanged anything so was not aware of the rule. With the zipper issue I am wondering if they would atleast repair it. It is bad enough that I will damage the bag trying to get the zipper zipped. It kinda sucks being stuck with an almost $400.00 bag just because I tried to use it and found out it is not for me. Even though it was used for just an hour or so outside of the house xxxnot allowed

Oh well lesson learned :smile:

Unfortuantly, I have to agree with everyone. The way it sounds in the OP, is that the bag wasn't just carried around the house with your stuff in it, it was used, with the tags cut. And like everyone above said, Coach isn't supposed to, and shouldn't accept worn bags. xxxnot allowed. Sorry you don't love her!

I'm not sure what Coach will do about the zipper, I have read a few threads where a lot of the Kristin zippers, have been getting stuck; therefore people have taken the bag back, but I assume that has been before they cut the tags. I personally ordered the Large Kristin Hobo, and noticed the zipper issue right away. I took it back, and showed my SA, and she too said that for whatever reason, the zippers are causing issues for a lot of people. So, I don't know if they are making exceptions on not.

I thought the zipper stuck while I tested it in the store. That and a bag being heavy are always deal breakers....have to have easy access in/out which is why I never buy flap bags. Where this bag is a satchel it meant to be hand carried really not shoulder carried. Which is probably why it does not feel right. My thoughts are the Kristin tote would have worked better. They may be able to do something for because of the zip, however, I have seen other people post about this only to be told by Coach that the zipper loosens up after awhile.

don't worry, frist time for everything. Try getting it repaired at the coach store first with the zipper if you want to give her another chance.xxxselling not allowed And the ladies are right, I know you only used it for an hour but it was used. I know me personally I would hate to buy a used bag and I think you wouldn't want the same thing happen to you. I sure hope Coach still upholds this policy. I wish you luck!

It kinda sucks being stuck with an almost $400.00 bag just because I tried to use it and found out it is not for me.

Agreed, but that's why they usually recommend you try using it in the house with the tags still on.

Bags definitely usually look different when full!

I'd say give it a few more weeks, and if you still feel xxxxnot allowed

It was used to go to the doctor and back. I understand if I had used it for days or something but I used it for maybe an hour so. I am not sure I agree with the not being able to return it and get something I prefer better just because I cut the tags. What am I supposed to do leave the tags on while I try it out in real life? Carrying it around the house just isn't the same as carrying it while doing normal everyday things.

Oh well, as I said lesson learned. I have not had this problem with any of my other bags so never ran across this situation. I was really frustrated when I had to leave the zipper undone because I didn't have time to sit there and play with it after I got what I needed out of it.

Thanks for letting me know about the return policy. I will know to test it out better before I cut the tags next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.