Not sure I am liking my Kristin Satchel :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said she is a very pretty bag. I think my frustration with the zipper caused me to find other flaws with it as well. If I wasn't afraid of the zipper issue I might even be tempted to try the large satchel but I don't want to put myself in the same spot so I think maybe I will stick with something I am familar with and get one of the new Sabrinas coming out. I have a couple of them and have had no issues with zippers or the way they hang either on my arm or on my shoulder.

Well at least you were honest and asked... My friend actually just bought the kristin satchel in the black sig and she's returning hers (tags attached and unused) because of the zipper thing as well... so it must be an issue just in general...

I just spoke to Coach. They will take the bag back with the tags cut. I was honest and told her I cut the tags and used her this morning. She said they just got a memo this morning that certain styles of Kristin are having issues with the zipper so I could just bring it in and pick out something else.

So problem solved.

Wonder what the memo said and what Coaches explanation/soluton is - Just a sticky zipper that will smooth out with use or defective??? I waxed mine and straightened out the zipper and it works fine. Sticks when there is slack in the zipper. Appears that the zipper is fine but the bag configuration is effecting the movement.

Last edited:
It was used to go to the doctor and back. I understand if I had used it for days or something but I used it for maybe an hour so. I am not sure I agree with the not being able to return it and get something I prefer better just because I cut the tags. What am I supposed to do leave the tags on while I try it out in real life? Carrying it around the house just isn't the same as carrying it while doing normal everyday things.

Oh well, as I said lesson learned. I have not had this problem with any of my other bags so never ran across this situation. I was really frustrated when I had to leave the zipper undone because I didn't have time to sit there and play with it after I got what I needed out of it.

Thanks for letting me know about the return policy. I will know to test it out better before I cut the tags next time.

Coach "will" take bags back if the tag is not attached as long as you have it. I don't think that it is considered "used" if you carried it for a couple of hours only. I have returned bags that I had done this with and I have told the SA's that I put my stuff in it and carried for a little while and I hated the way it felt. They had no problem whatsoever with this.

I would take it back and be trueful and I don't think that you will have a problem exchanging it.

I even called Coach customer service once and asked if it was their policy that a bag could not be returned without the tag. I was told abolutley not. In fact the CS person acted like she thought I was weird to ask such a question.

I have never had a problem returning a bag to the FP stores or to an outlet, and beleive me I have returned many bags.

Coach "will" take bags back if the tag is not attached as long as you have it. I don't think that it is considered "used" if you carried it for a couple of hours only. I have returned bags that I had done this with and I have told the SA's that I put my stuff in it and carried for a little while and I hated the way it felt. They had no problem whatsoever with this.

I would take it back and be trueful and I don't think that you will have a problem exchanging it.

I even called Coach customer service once and asked if it was their policy that a bag could not be returned without the tag. I was told abolutley not. In fact the CS person acted like she thought I was weird to ask such a question.

I have never had a problem returning a bag to the FP stores or to an outlet, and beleive me I have returned many bags.

Great post :smile: I agree with you also

The zippers must be really bad on these bags! I've had some zippers stick on a few various branded bags. It always seems to be the chunkier zippers that stick, if that makes any sense?

I returned my large hobo the next day because of zipper issues If Iam going to spend money it better be exactly how I want it I tried all the tricks and even in the store the SA was having problems

I returned my large hobo the next day because of zipper issues If Iam going to spend money it better be exactly how I want it I tried all the tricks and even in the store the SA was having problems

And that is exactly how I feel. When I spend a good amount of money on something I expect the quality to hold up to my expectations. This is not some $20.00 walmart bag this is a Coach bag. When I buy Coach I expect a flawless product. I am not just going to live with something that does not live up to it's name.

Not to ruffle any feathers but I was not going to sell it second hand and take a hit on the cost of the bag for fear someone might get a "used" bag. I wouldn't expect anyone else to keep something that didn't live up to what they wanted for fear I might end up with their old bag. Every time I buy a purse or any other item there is always a chance it maybe a return. I would hope the company would be honest and let me know but in reality we know they don't always.

As I said in an earlier post the problem has been resolved and I will be returning the bag for another one that hopefully lives up to the quality I expect when I buy Coach. If they start expecting us to live with defective zippers or anything really then I feel Coach is letting their quality go down hill and that is sad. To their credit this is the first bag of many that I have ever had an issue with. I own shoes, wristlets, jewlery all with the Coach name and have never had a problem so I am going to assume this is just an oversight on their part and they thought the zipper issue would resolve it's self which in some cases it sounds like it has but in other cases it is a problem.

i think the sales person was more then fair to let you exchange it and hopefully the next bag works for the best.

imo, if the bag was brought in, and the zipper was sticky/hard to maneuver and the wax paper trick didn't work..then yes, i would exchange it out whether it had been used or not. but if the wax trick works, and the zipper becomes proper/normal/etc-- then there would be no need to exchange, esp if you had used it, even admit to it, etc etc

because you said that the bag itself, was not working for you, the zipper being stuck/problematic is a side bonus that allows you to exchange it, should the zipper continue to not work properly after all tried and true methods of making the zipper work properly.

Returning or exchanging a defective bag (used or otherwise) is one thing, trying to return a used bag because you don't like it or it doesn't suit your needs is another. That's all :smile:

Returning or exchanging a defective bag (used or otherwise) is one thing, trying to return a used bag because you don't like it or it doesn't suit your needs is another. That's all :smile:

Well said.

If I want a "used" bag, I would buy one through an online auction. I trust that I'm getting an used bag when I purchase from a Coach boutique.

To the OP, glad you were able to get a fair resolution to your sticky zipper issue.

I just return it today .. in the picture yellow purse it so cute... but on real life I think its so so. I just back from store to exchange to another new one not reveal on website yet/. it is green patent tote bag with small chain mini purse outside the purse. it so cute.. and today I got 25% on my new bag at coach store in cincinnati. awesome.. I love my new purse.

Status
Not open for further replies.