Not sure about these Vince pants-thoughts?

Robyn Loraine

Jan 14, 2010
So I won a pair of Vince pants on Ebay, thinking they were the same style as the other Vince riding pants I've seen on websites. Of course immediately after winning I realized they weren't. I'm paying the seller on Friday, unless I convince them to just re-list and I'll still give them positive feedback for it. What do you think? Are they cute (I have no basic black dress pants) or should I find something else?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330409567104&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

The price was great-I think these are an older version of the riding pants, I can't find them online anywhere else. My worry is mostly about the buttons on the front-I'm not sure how I feel about there being two of them. I'm worried it'll look cheap I guess? Like when jeans have two button closures, but I'm not sure if it'd be different for dressy pants.

i think they're really nice! i'm wearing a pair of vince pants today, and i'm always so impressed with their fit/tailoring. i think the tailoring makes all their pants look nice, and not boring.

if you're worried about the buttons, you could always change them to matte black to blend in more.

@courty: I think the two buttons would bother me even if they were matte black, I just always associate double button closures with cheap over bleached flare jeans at abercrombie and fitch. How do the vince pants fit for you? TTS?

@ stephc005:its not that the buttons themselves seem cheap, its that having two reminds me of cheap pants.

I think they're really cute, and I've honestly never seen pants with a two button closure before, so I wouldn't think anything of pants that had the two buttons. Also, with all the Vince items I've owned/seen, it's very apparent that the clothes are high quality, so I don't think anyone would ever think they were cheap!
Also, you can't beat that price. For $75 you can barely get pants at the Gap!

I have no association whatsoever in my mind with 2-button versus 1-button pants, so it's not on the radar screen for me. :shrugs: But if that's a mental block that you don't think you could overcome, maybe you should try to return them? Or, you could just wear a long shirt or tunic.....

@courty: I think the two buttons would bother me even if they were matte black, I just always associate double button closures with cheap over bleached flare jeans at abercrombie and fitch. How do the vince pants fit for you? TTS?

@ stephc005:its not that the buttons themselves seem cheap, its that having two reminds me of cheap pants.

the sizing on the pair i have is a little big- i'm wearing the smaller of the 2 sizes i usually can wear, and even still they're slightly loose.

however, i think usually Vince is TTS.