Not sure about these Vince pants-thoughts?

Robyn Loraine

Jan 14, 2010
So I won a pair of Vince pants on Ebay, thinking they were the same style as the other Vince riding pants I've seen on websites. Of course immediately after winning I realized they weren't. I'm paying the seller on Friday, unless I convince them to just re-list and I'll still give them positive feedback for it. What do you think? Are they cute (I have no basic black dress pants) or should I find something else?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330409567104&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Feb 2, 2006
They are totally cute! Also classic and very versatile. (great price, by the way) I love riding pants. I hope to own a pair myself someday. :smile:

Robyn Loraine

Jan 14, 2010
The price was great-I think these are an older version of the riding pants, I can't find them online anywhere else. My worry is mostly about the buttons on the front-I'm not sure how I feel about there being two of them. I'm worried it'll look cheap I guess? Like when jeans have two button closures, but I'm not sure if it'd be different for dressy pants.

courty

Apr 1, 2007
i think they're really nice! i'm wearing a pair of vince pants today, and i'm always so impressed with their fit/tailoring. i think the tailoring makes all their pants look nice, and not boring.

if you're worried about the buttons, you could always change them to matte black to blend in more.

Robyn Loraine

Jan 14, 2010
@courty: I think the two buttons would bother me even if they were matte black, I just always associate double button closures with cheap over bleached flare jeans at abercrombie and fitch. How do the vince pants fit for you? TTS?

@ stephc005:its not that the buttons themselves seem cheap, its that having two reminds me of cheap pants.

Oct 29, 2006
Los Angeles
I think they're really cute, and I've honestly never seen pants with a two button closure before, so I wouldn't think anything of pants that had the two buttons. Also, with all the Vince items I've owned/seen, it's very apparent that the clothes are high quality, so I don't think anyone would ever think they were cheap!
Also, you can't beat that price. For $75 you can barely get pants at the Gap!

Feb 2, 2006
I have no association whatsoever in my mind with 2-button versus 1-button pants, so it's not on the radar screen for me. :shrugs: But if that's a mental block that you don't think you could overcome, maybe you should try to return them? Or, you could just wear a long shirt or tunic.....

klj

O.G.
Jul 27, 2009
Portland, OR.
I want a pr. too but my brain is not being creative enough to get them...(what do I have already that will go with them....??)

courty

Apr 1, 2007
@courty: I think the two buttons would bother me even if they were matte black, I just always associate double button closures with cheap over bleached flare jeans at abercrombie and fitch. How do the vince pants fit for you? TTS?

@ stephc005:its not that the buttons themselves seem cheap, its that having two reminds me of cheap pants.
the sizing on the pair i have is a little big- i'm wearing the smaller of the 2 sizes i usually can wear, and even still they're slightly loose.

however, i think usually Vince is TTS.