!!!!!not suppose to store lv bags in box????!!!!

apsara85

Mar 28, 2009
hi again...so i got my very first lv(s) today(mono alma and mono eva)...love love them... :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:
and as a newbiewubie...i have a silly question to ask...
the SA told me that i should not store my bags in the boxes they came with, only in the dust bags (is that the same as the brown box they're talking about?i kinda read a lil bit so as not to be redundant on this question but did not find the exact answer im looking for). i just want to make sure, just because im notorious in asking for boxes aside from dustbags to store my bags...
im really gunna appreciate answers coz my bags are waiting out in my bed right now..heheheh...thanks....:biggrin:

Storing your bag in the box it comes with is fine. Nothing will happen to it. If you live in a humid climate you do need to take the bag out and give it some air from time to time otherwise the leather can grow mold if its sitting locked up in a box in a humid cupboard.

Storing your bag in the box it comes with is fine. Nothing will happen to it. If you live in a humid climate you do need to take the bag out and give it some air from time to time otherwise the leather can grow mold if its sitting locked up in a box in a humid cupboard.

really? see i live in jax florida, maybe that's why the SA really stressed out that i should not keep it in the box?something about how the leather would get ruined or something?

Definetely not in FL. My mom has had some bags getting ruined by the humidity! keep them in the bags in a ventilated area..and take them out.. [not on rainy days] :smile:

here they are...pardon the uber excitement..=)

Attachments

• myfirstlvs 024.jpg
    myfirstlvs 024.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 351
  • myfirstlvs 011.jpg
    myfirstlvs 011.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 244
  • myfirstlvs 028.jpg
    myfirstlvs 028.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 265

I've actually seen tPF-ers who have stored their items in the box, and they have had their items' canvas crack over time because not enough air.

I would not suggest storing in a box.. :yes: The dustbag is fine !