Not so understanding Hubby!

It isn't a waste of money if an expenditure makes the owner happy, especially if there's a tangible good to show for it. A waste of money would be putting a match to it.

It's said by some that money can't buy happiness, but it's much more dignified crying with an LV on your arm than a Walmart shopping bag. :P

Amen sister!!!!

My boyfriend is the opposite! While at the LV store yesterday he kept asking if i needed a charm, SLG, etc then proceeded to walk to other stores and he kept asking me if I was sure I didn't want any other bags lol!
He understands that bags are my "thing" and it won't stop after we get married for as long as bills, necessities and savings are taken care of. We all have our vices - some are just more obvious/expensive than others

My boyfriend is the opposite! While at the LV store yesterday he kept asking if i needed a charm, SLG, etc then proceeded to walk to other stores and he kept asking me if I was sure I didn't want any other bags lol!

He understands that bags are my "thing" and it won't stop after we get married for as long as bills, necessities and savings are taken care of. We all have our vices - some are just more obvious/expensive than others

I think I've trained my husband well. At first my spending on handbags and designer clothes/ shoes was a huge shock to him. And I know he still doesn't like that I am spending on these things, but he still takes me shopping anyway. And will ask me if I still want to buy other items while we are still in the store or mall. Or if there is another store he can take me to, to buy that item I m looking for or want.

My husband doesn't get it either, but he's okay with it since I make a good income. However, if you are spending lots of money on other items (designer clothes, shoes, spa treatments, etc), you might want to think of the area you are most passionate about and devote your finances to that. You can never have too much savings!

Oh my what a interesting thread :girlsigh: I have been fortunate enough that my loving husband tells me "whatever makes you happy"!! Although, he actually started his own little collection of LV which I am now wonderingif that was a good idea to get him started on a wallet lol he loves walking through the men's section when we go in now.... it's cute! I'm glad he understands, everything is shared between us and I hide nothing. I'm a lucky girl :smooch:

I spend my "fun" money on what I want. As long as I contribute the agreed upon amounts to our joint accounts he couldn't care less what I buy. He's a videographer so his lenses easily cost as much as a bag. Neither of us care because we are saving and paying off debt and our kid( with another on the way!) have everything they could want or need.