Not so happy with Rose mabel!!!!!!

etalb1111

Aug 6, 2007
just got my new rose from shepton outlet and i'm a tad dissappointed with her. The edges of the side pockets look slightly dirty - there is a tiny white mark of some sort just inside one inside pocket and what looks like red pen on the other. She just looks a bit tatty to me!! All these marks are very small but for a bag costing £450 i'm not sure if i'm going to keep her. Will try and post pics later - its a royal pain getting all the way to the post office to return the bag. Do you think the bag is like this because it is a 2007 bag and has been hanging around:crybaby:- or are all outlet bags less than perfect?
thanks

Oh dear Etalb, You had been waiting so long time - you really don't need this fuss, I'm so sorry. They didn't mention anything at all when you have ordered?! :sad:

Its bad isn't it? Normally, the outlets are very good and mention any flaws that the bag has - it seems like on this Mabel AND the Shimmy missing its strap that they haven't mentioned this.

Come ON Mulberry - your Customer Service has not been good since just before Christmas! Get your act together PLEASE!!!!

I am steering well clear of the outlets from now on.
I sent back a damaged item and I was told that they would send it to one of the outlets to sell, even though it was torn and unrepairable. They said some people don't care.

YIKES! Pretty scary when you order over the phone.

Mmmmm at least they offer refunds in 7days now, that makes difference I guess.

Wait a moment though, could that be the other side of reason, ie. Mulberry don't worry so much any more about sending faulty items in the first place?? (hoping I'm wrong) :cursing:

I sent back a damaged item and I was told that they would send it to one of the outlets to sell, even though it was torn and unrepairable. They said some people don't care.

YIKES! Pretty scary when you order over the phone.

Yeah it is but, as I said, normally they will tell you any flaws or in some cases, if something is what they consider to be quite bad - they will NOT sell it over the phone. They will not sell it Unseen.

This is what they said about my Bays. They said that they would not sell it over the phone only to somebody that had actually seen the bag because they considered the marks on it quite bad. I persuaded them to send it out to me after they had described the marks and I didn't think they were bad at all.

So if the bag you returned was quite damaged, it is likely that they will put it in the 'damaged/bargain' box and will only sell it in the store so anybody buying it will see the damage before buying.

But that's true - people *do* buy damaged bags, if the price is right :shrugs: Hasn't Shepton currently got a shelf full of damaged bags?

I think the problem comes with the outlets sending out stock and not fully describing the flaws.

If it's a past season bag, I'll expect it to be perfect but maybe a bit scratched from hanging around in a warehouse for a few months, or being transferred from the stores to the outlet. I would also expect perhaps a bit of fading due to being on display.

If it's a current season bag, then there will be an actual reason why they can't sell it for full price. In the case of my Milton, it was because the buckles were overbrassed and didn't match the hardware. They have since faded and the match is perfect :yahoo:

In the case of my Poppy, the zips went the wrong way. Again, fine, doesn't affect my use of the bag.

I haven't bought any other "subs" from the outlets so can't really comment on the other reasons for a bag being considered to be substandard.

Pen marks are a no-no for me. The side pockets on your Mabel? Well, the suede does pick up dirt so easily - that could just be from being on display. It's whether you'd have been happy to pay that much for the bag if you'd seen photos of it. If not, then you should return it, I guess :tdown:

Sorry :sad:

rattrat - they didnt say anything ...well...i called them and they said that all the rose mabels they had had some grubbing up of the top of the inside pockets and that the two that she looked at had certain marks etc on the front bottom of bag. Its not so bad its just not as sparkly as i expected.......... not sure what to do. Wish they had said something about the condition before hand. Also i'm sure the leather - being soft goat is quite soft and creases easily - its different goat to my black mabel which seems thicker and a smarter bag overall. i'll have to sleep on it. not the bag that is ..........which currently looks a tad slept on!!

So sorry to hear about this etalb, I know how much you were looking forward to rose Mabel. I realise you may be reluctant to return it given you probably thought one wouldn't turn up. It's not making you jump for joy as a new Mulberry bag ought to so I do think you should send it back. That's what I would do.

sorry about your bag :sad: i bought mine from Bicester and it is perfect, the suede was clean and the outside scratch free. Maybe you could track down another one that's in better condition - the pink will be lovely in the summer!

Have you asked them if they have any more that are in better condition? Maybe you could return this one and get another, better one.

Have you phoned Bicester to see if they have one - maybe you can ask them to hold one for you, return this one and get one from Bicester.

If you are not 100% about it, you not going to be are you? It sounds like the marks will always bother you.

Have another good look at it and ask yourself if you can live with it or not. If not, return it.