Not so good experience at LV

About 3-4 years ago I went into the San Francisco LV boutique and I had a really bad experience. I needed my mono french purse repaired. The (very, very young) SA looked at it and said, "You must have had this for a very long time, it looks old!" and then proceeded to tell me they wouldn't fix it (it needed to be reglazed around the edges). Miffed, I went across the street to the LV boutique in Neiman Marcus. They repaired it for me, no questions asked.

Fast forward a few years ... I decided to try the store again. I came across a wonderful SA who knows me by name when I enter the store. And I'm not a big spender, either. So I have to agree with the others -- find someone who you like and makes you comfortable. After all, YOU are the customer!

Hi Lorihmatthews. Thanks for sharing your story!

The SA did not hear my conversation about the EPI Jasmine. Because of the upcoming price increase, I was going to purchase two bags that day, EPI Jasmine and one other. Never the less how long I was pondering on the bags, it was bad shopping etiquette on the other customer and poor customer service on the part of the SA. As I previously mentioned I will try go back and find another SA to deal with. Luckily, I found a SA who was nice enough to locate a Trevi and I will be picking it up on Wednesday! :yahoo:

Thanks for your input.

You are welcome. I still think, even if she did not hear your conversation, that 5 minutes is a good amount of time for a bag to sit on a counter unattended, I too would have thought you were done with it. The sad part, is it probably would not have happened if you had not told the SA to go ahead and wait on someone else, for she would have been more tuned into what was taking place with your decision making. I am the same way though, when I am shopping at LV and need more time to decide, I too, will give them the OK to help someone else while I ponder over my purchase(s). I do hope you give the SA another opportunity if she/he is there next time you shop. I do find, being a LV customer for 25 years plus, that the manners of not only the SAs but the customers seem inferior than one would have experinced years ago in the boutiques; however, it seems like that for most places of business when compared to years ago. :sad:

the manners of not only the SAs but the customers seem inferior than one would have experinced years ago in the boutiques; however, it seems like that for most places of business when compared to years ago. :sad:

This is so true. I totally agree with you southerncharm. There is such an expectation of 'entitlement' going around and 'me first' attitude, there is no common courtesy.

You are welcome. I still think, even if she did not hear your conversation, that 5 minutes is a good amount of time for a bag to sit on a counter unattended, I too would have thought you were done with it. The sad part, is it probably would not have happened if you had not told the SA to go ahead and wait on someone else, for she would have been more tuned into what was taking place with your decision making. I am the same way though, when I am shopping at LV and need more time to decide, I too, will give them the OK to help someone else while I ponder over my purchase(s). I do hope you give the SA another opportunity if she/he is there next time you shop. I do find, being a LV customer for 25 years plus, that the manners of not only the SAs but the customers seem inferior than one would have experinced years ago in the boutiques; however, it seems like that for most places of business when compared to years ago. :sad:

Thanks Southerncharm! You are so true, customer service isn't what it used to be. Truly sad.

It's funny you posted this cuz just last week I was in the LV store just browsing and lo and behold a beige tahitienne was sitting on the counter. I'm pretty sure the woman who was at the mirror modeling the neo cabby had asked for it but I made sure to ask the SA first if anyone was still looking at this bag. She said no, so I took it to the mirror.

IMHO, the sisters are the ones with poor etiquette. As an SA when there are so many people around the same counters and each customer is looking at 2-3 bags at the same time, it's easy to just simply forget which one was whose!

Aw, I'm sorry it was a disappointing experience for you. I think that the SA was probably trying to interpret your actions, but probably should have confirmed with you that you were finished with the Tivoli. I don't think it's worth being upset over or not going back to LV because of it. Unclear communication is very frustrating but I don't think the SA did it intentionally. As others have said, find a new SA and don't give up on LV! ;)

:heart:

You had a bad shopping experience and I think some of us are even being too hard on you. I think all that matters is that it hurt your feelings and wasn't a great shopping experience for you. I think you deserve full attention from the SA and it was inconsiderate for the other shoppers to butt right in. When you are spending this much on a purchase you deserve a stellar experience! I believe wholeheartedly in this!!! I feel for you... Actually, you deserve good customer service no matter what the price. It's sad that it becomes common for some SAs to lose understanding that it's the entire shopping experience that's important for some of us. Not just getting the handbag. Some people are better than others at shrugging it off, some take it more personally. I'm sorry for your experience. I wish you luck in finding an SA that makes you feel like the fabulous person you are when you are acquiring a new LV. I hope you get your handbag and wallet soon. Take care!

Thank you all for your comments and support!

I'm happy to report... I did call and visit a SA that I met prior to my experience. This SA is from another location. He was great and was able to get my Trevi for me. :yahoo:

I picked it up yesterday along with the Epi Jasmine I wanted. :heart: DH :heart:was willing to get me two bags - one as an anniversary gift and the other one was an early birthday gift! :smooch: I :heart: him!

Now if I can only sneak in that Tivoli GM that I was eyeing... :drool: :graucho:

Thanks again everyone!