Not savvy-is Dune a year 'round color?

KimTX

O.G.
Mar 19, 2013
I am looking for a bag that's good for all 4 seasons, but not black or brown. Is Dune, specifically thinking of buying the Nano in dune, something I can wear all 4 seasons? I have plenty of black and brown bags, and want to branch out.

I wouldn't hesitate to carry dune year 'round. I see you are from Texas too. Where I live winters aren't exactly long so I don't limit myself. (Spent Christmas in short sleeves!) Have you considered souris? I have a mini in souris that I carry all year. Good luck!

Reactions: KimTX
Yep, I'm in the Dallas area. Can't believe the weather this year! I have not seen souris in person, but I plan to check out both colors. I saw the Dune in NY and it was beautiful. Thanks for your response!

Agreed, dune can be worn all year round. Let us know what you decide!

Thanks! I'm still not sure. I lean towards black, but I was avoiding it b/c I have a black epi Alma BB and thought they'd be too similar. I'm starting to see the Alma as a dressier bag, and the nano as more casual, so maybe I can have both small cross body bags in black? Opinions welcome.

Dune is a great neutral that can be carried year-round. However, if you prefer the nano in black, I think it is quite different from the Alma and you would likely carry them on different occasions.

Thanks! I'm still not sure. I lean towards black, but I was avoiding it b/c I have a black epi Alma BB and thought they'd be too similar. I'm starting to see the Alma as a dressier bag, and the nano as more casual, so maybe I can have both small cross body bags in black? Opinions welcome.

Just a thought but the nano in Ink might be a nice alternative to black while still being neutral and dark. I'm hoping to get one myself!

I could see the Alma BB being used as a dressier bag and saving the nano for more casual events. I do love my Alma because I feel like it can serve as both. portraitofalady has a great idea...have you considered the ink or another blue color. It seems like darker bags are your comfort zone so blue would be different without venturing too far out. If you couldn't tell I'm a big blue bag fan (my Alma BB is blue, LV montaigne is also blue, and now I have a Celine that is also blue).

Reactions: portraitofalady
I could see the Alma BB being used as a dressier bag and saving the nano for more casual events. I do love my Alma because I feel like it can serve as both. portraitofalady has a great idea...have you considered the ink or another blue color. It seems like darker bags are your comfort zone so blue would be different without venturing too far out. If you couldn't tell I'm a big blue bag fan (my Alma BB is blue, LV montaigne is also blue, and now I have a Celine that is also blue).

I am going to guess Ink is like a navy blue? I would definitely consider that. Thank you! I can't wait to go to the Celine Boutique next week. Or maybe this Friday. Shades of blue are my favorite colors.

Yes! It's a lovely navy blue that looks more blue in light and darker (like black) with lower/indoor light. I think it only comes in smooth leather, so be aware of that. I personally love the nano in smooth leather and think the combination is great with ink. Here's a picture from the Celine website.

Attachments

• IMG_1344.JPG
    IMG_1344.JPG
    47.6 KB · Views: 334
Thank you all! If anyone is still reading-I'm considering the smooth leather for this bag thinking the drummed leather, while durable, will become too floppy. I'd like for this style to stay structured. If I have that wrong-please me know!

Reactions: portraitofalady
Thank you all! If anyone is still reading-I'm considering the smooth leather for this bag thinking the drummed leather, while durable, will become too floppy. I'd like for this style to stay structured. If I have that wrong-please me know!

That sounds right from what I've gleaned from this forum... many have made the point that the small size of the nano makes it easier to protect from scratches so it's a great size to get in smooth leather and the size and leather help it retain its structure very well.

I bought a black drummed nano about 6 months ago and use it almost daily, it has held its shape really well. I also scratched it and to be honest you can barely tell because it blends with the drummed leather. I just picked up another dune drummed nano last week. The SA told me that since they are really small they shouldn't have a problem with structure. I also have a smooth mini and that one became slouchy, probably because it's bigger and it was purchased in 2011 and I believe the smooth leather was softer then. It's possible that they have fixed the issue and made all the luggages more structured now. ❤