Not made in France....

Nah, it doesn't bother me at all. Quality is still the same, it's still an authentic piece, so I don't even think about it. ;)

I agree! The official LV factories are trained and use all of the proper LV materials, so I don't think it matters where the product is made.

Although, it would be nice if the U.S.A products were discounted since they don't have to be imported!!! (Wishful thinking....)

i dont really care, but i dont want one made in india. this has nothing to do with race, let me assure you!
im fine with usa, france italy, and spain.... but india?
HAPPY MEAL TOYS ARE MADE IN INDIA!
(and china)
the point is, i dont want my bag looked at in the same way as a happy meal toy.

I actually like knowing that pieces are made in the USA ...

Also, for eBay purchases, I haven't seen a single fake that says it's made in the USA or Spain. So if the stamp says those two countries I always know my purchase isn't a fake! That's my tip for today for fellow eBayers.

Good point:smile: I hadn't thought of it that way, never really bothered me anyway. I don't usually check the date stamps anyway because I only buy from the LV stores & only check if someone asks a question here that I can help answer by doing so.

i dont really care, but i dont want one made in india. this has nothing to do with race, let me assure you!
im fine with usa, france italy, and spain.... but india?
HAPPY MEAL TOYS ARE MADE IN INDIA!
(and china)
the point is, i dont want my bag looked at in the same way as a happy meal toy.

A little harsh dont you think? I think its great that LV will be producing bags there, it means more jobs for their people.

I pretty anal. If they're made in France I baby them. If they made in USA or anywhere else; use them as my beat around bag. They're usually the first things to be rid of in my collection. Shoes are difficult to maintain even though they're all made in Italy.

where its made doesnt really bother me. My damier speedy and BH are both made in the USA (w:huh:t wOoT!) and my damier azur speedy was made in france. There is something special abou the made in France thing though. However the quality is the same IMO

I've had items from US, Spain, and France. It doesn't matter because I trust their quality control. But I can understand you feeling differently about it--LV is a French company and you prefer something that isn't made domestically. that's ok.

Let's just say that if I were to pick a perfect Made in France vs a perfect Made in elsewhere bag, I would of course prefer the made in France. But when I purchased dear Speedy, the lone Made in France for some odd reason was in really bad shape in which case I happily went home with a Made in USA. So I guess I do care a bit about where the bag is made but I care about the actual condition of the bag more. If it were up to me though, I'd rather have ALL my bags in perfect condition and made in France. With my last purchases I forgot to check where they were made before purchasing so I came home with 2 Made in Spain pieces. I wasnt terribly upset but it would have been nice if they were French made.

I must echo another PFer that Made in USA and Spain and France is all fine by me but if I were to go out and purchase a bag myself, I would not want a Made in India bag. I am not racist but for me LV is a luxury brand and when I hear Made in India things just don't feel as luxurious and part of purchasing lv is for that feeling of luxury. But different strokes for different folks. =)

So far I only have made in France and made in Spain, but it wouldn't bother me to have a made in USA. In fact, with so many items being made elsewhere, I love the fact that LV has a US factory.