Not loving the microblading, advice

Hello there,

I had my eyebrows microbladed this morning and I don’t love it. My husband even went as far to say that I looked a bit silly. I think they look okay but I just don’t think they are for me. I’ve struggled with uneven eyebrows for years but I’ve also never really done anything to correct them makeup wise, I seldom wear makeup so the boldness is a bit of a shock. I know there is a healing process and they are much darker today then they ultimately will be but I’m debating even going back for the touch up even though many say it’s required. I did have a hybrid brow done and she said many of her clients don’t need a touch up after a hybrid. I just kind of want to let them fade out and let them be, I admit, I miss the awkwardness of them now. :sad:

Is there anything I should do to help fade them along? I’ve heard people say to do all the things you’re instructed not to like get them wet, sweaty, but I also don’t want them to fade unevenly. Any advice is helpful. Just a natural girl wanting to go back to normal.

Attachments

• 0A11EBE4-48B4-45A5-A8DE-98BC252553D8.jpeg
    0A11EBE4-48B4-45A5-A8DE-98BC252553D8.jpeg
    134.4 KB · Views: 454
  • F2948A8A-8F22-422E-BCD0-1FE40972331F.jpeg
    F2948A8A-8F22-422E-BCD0-1FE40972331F.jpeg
    146.7 KB · Views: 457
I’ve had this procedure done and I hated them at first! I actually cried because I thought I ruined my face. They looked much more extreme than yours.. and now they look totally normal. I really wouldn’t stress out about it- even though that’s easier said than done. Let time and the healing process do it’s thing- and I bet they will look great. The shape and color soften up a lot, hard to believe.. but they do. Hope this provides even a little reassurance :smile:

Reactions: Miramar168
I also initially hated my brows, they were so much darker and bolder than I was used to, and my brows were naturally quite full already. BUT let me just tell you-- they're going to heal in about 2 weeks and start to look SO much better and natural from there on! Here's two photos for you. Sorry for the bad lighting, but even in the dark, you can see how bold my brows were (that was about 3 weeks in). Second photo is what my brows look like now, they look quite natural imo, and I've done nothing to them. I avoid putting moisturizer / any cosmetics on them or make-up remover, though I do use brow tint these days to lighten the hairs since my hair color also got lightened a little. And might I add, the touch up may be important to do! Because in the healing process, some parts may become more patchy, or darker or lighter than other areas. The touch up is used to even out your brows, not necessarily make them darker.

Honestly just takes some time getting used to. I really think your new brows will grow on you! Hope this helps at all.
IMG_4954.jpg
IMG_4955.jpg

image.jpg Mine were much darker than the color they healed. I wouldn’t try and hurry up anything let them heal the way there’re supposed to. Mine lightened up significantly and look very natural. I’m sorry but I don’t have before pics.

Hello there,

I had my eyebrows microbladed this morning and I don’t love it. My husband even went as far to say that I looked a bit silly. I think they look okay but I just don’t think they are for me. I’ve struggled with uneven eyebrows for years but I’ve also never really done anything to correct them makeup wise, I seldom wear makeup so the boldness is a bit of a shock. I know there is a healing process and they are much darker today then they ultimately will be but I’m debating even going back for the touch up even though many say it’s required. I did have a hybrid brow done and she said many of her clients don’t need a touch up after a hybrid. I just kind of want to let them fade out and let them be, I admit, I miss the awkwardness of them now. :sad:

Is there anything I should do to help fade them along? I’ve heard people say to do all the things you’re instructed not to like get them wet, sweaty, but I also don’t want them to fade unevenly. Any advice is helpful. Just a natural girl wanting to go back to normal.

I think you look great! I wouldn't do a thing. You're probably already starting to get used to them since your first post :smile:

Sigh. Well 2.5 days later, I’ve started contacting a few people about removing them. They look uneven and one of them is super inset to my eyes and my eyes are already so close set. Perhaps I just picked the wrong artist. One looks thicker and I definitely don’t want to make the other thicker, I’m not a fan of thick eyebrows. Just not sure what to do. Apart of me wants to give it a chance to heel but then the people who can remove it says it’s best to come in as soon after. Just don’t see how they correct them being too thick without making the other thicker and fix the inset without bringing the other in. Owee.

Attachments

• 4EE67066-FCC6-42F7-B987-3FB78795A17E.png
    4EE67066-FCC6-42F7-B987-3FB78795A17E.png
    862.5 KB · Views: 379
  • 54FD3654-DF39-4285-B0F7-917B16FAFBF5.png
    54FD3654-DF39-4285-B0F7-917B16FAFBF5.png
    944.6 KB · Views: 373
0C006A80-CF15-43B8-953E-6A7698CBAF63.jpeg
Ok, so I may be the odd person here. While they don't look "silly" I do think that whoever did them, could have done a better job. Particularly on the tail, looks like it was micorbladed downward and that's never a good look since it draws the look of your eyes down. But also, remember that the initial session fades and the follow-up is where the technician makes adjustments and does final grooming.

I do see what you're talking about as far as how closely inset they are. But the measurements are taken according to your facial symmetry. Honestly, the tech probably shouldn't have even done much in that area since your natural inset looks much better before than after.

At first, I was horrified with mine. LOL. Scared. But then after 2 weeks, I really loved them. Matter of fact I'm going on Wednesday for my 2 year re-do.

View attachment 4477184
Ok, so I may be the odd person here. While they don't look "silly" I do think that whoever did them, could have done a better job. Particularly on the tail, looks like it was micorbladed downward and that's never a good look since it draws the look of your eyes down. But also, remember that the initial session fades and the follow-up is where the technician makes adjustments and does final grooming.

I do see what you're talking about as far as how closely inset they are. But the measurements are taken according to your facial symmetry. Honestly, the tech probably shouldn't have even done much in that area since your natural inset looks much better before than after.

At first, I was horrified with mine. LOL. Scared. But then after 2 weeks, I really loved them. Matter of fact I'm going on Wednesday for my 2 year re-do.
Thanks for your honesty. That was my thought, too. I’m a super petite person, my head included, and I just think they are too much for my face. I followed her work for about a year and all of her brows looked so much better than mine and she took pictures immediately following. I felt my results were nowhere near as perfected as her other clients. She did seemed in a bit of a rush that day attitude wise which worried me. I’m leaning more and more to have them removed, give it a year to think through it, and find somebody with a bit more patience.

This was me a few days before. I feel my face looks so much more open with my inset further apart. Now I feel like one of those Instagram brow girls.

Attachments

• 01406F58-39E1-478D-A2E1-0CB136BCE12E.jpeg
    01406F58-39E1-478D-A2E1-0CB136BCE12E.jpeg
    141.4 KB · Views: 350
Honey, you natural brows look nice and full. some grooming and fill in slightly with a pencil or brow gel and you would have been good to go!

Don't be so hard on your brows now. Give them about 2 months for the ink to fade a bit and then work with that. If you don't want to go back to the same person for the touch up, that's understandable.

and they def don't look like Instagram Brows. Nope, not even close. LOL

I have no experience with this but just wonder why you felt the need. Your natural brows look pretty full to me
My brows are incredibly uneven and it’s really obvious in many pictures. I was in the late 90s, pencil thin generation and they never grew back correctly. I asked her just to even them out and felt she went way too heavy.

Honey, you natural brows look nice and full. some grooming and fill in slightly with a pencil or brow gel and you would have been good to go!

Don't be so hard on your brows now. Give them about 2 months for the ink to fade a bit and then work with that. If you don't want to go back to the same person for the touch up, that's understandable.

and they def don't look like Instagram Brows. Nope, not even close. LOL
My husband thinks I do. He has been very comforting but I can tell he hates them, too, he misses the natural looking me, I just don’t normally look so made up and he way prefers me with nothing on my face. I just feel so silly.