Not Loving My Galliera PM

caroliny

O.G.
Mar 9, 2010
I started seeing black marks on the vanchetta of my Mono Galliera (where the rings rub the leather) after only 1 1/2 weeks. Secondly, I went back to the store a few days ago & think I like the GM size better. It's only been 3 weeks since I bought the purse, but I've already carried it a couple of times. What are my options? Is it possible for me to exchange a used purse that is in my opinion defective? Please help...

yes, do a search on this topic, but i do believe if your bag is defective, you should bring it right back to LV. good luck!

(if it's any consolation, when i went to buy my most recent splurge, it was between the NF and the Galliera and I chose the NF because it was low maintenance. plus, i honestly didn't like the Galliera on me.)

Because you've used it, it wouldn't be right to return it. I'd keep it and sell it, if I were you. After you sell it, get the GM, if that's what you want.

A lot of people are getting there bags fixed. People are actually able to exchange them out. It's not that they resell them on the floor. The bag is defective and LV will own up to it.

If it's defective you should be able to return it, then purchase whatever else you like, no? If it's faulty I'm sure they will accept it and give you a store credit.

Are the black marks really that bad? I have a Mono Galliera that I purchased on the Galliera release date and I don't have any problems. Also, I've used it so much it has a good patina to it; I'll have to check mine when I get home. Are the black marks something that is going to happen anyway since it is brass against vachetta? Do you have pictures? I've seen a lot of threads about this, but have not paid attention. No matter because, I love the Galliera and will finish my Galliera collection with the Azur GM this summer.

I did a search on the forum, (I am relatively new, sorry if this is kinda a repost) my date code is MI3089, I read that they supposedly fixed the problem March 2009. I believe I have a fixed bag (38th week of 2009 right?) & I am still getting black marks. I feel so sad. I am not rich and this was a big splurge for me. I was unaware of the issue with the black marks until after I got the purse.

Take the bag back to LV and see if they will give you a credit since your bag is defective. I have a Galliera PM and I have had almost no issues with the infamous black marks. I have had a few small ones, but I just erase them and it is not a big deal.

Ladies, The Galliera has been out for (I am pretty sure) 2 years now and this problem has not been corrected yet? Sure they say they are replacing the rings but even then posters are saying they have the problem.

If the bag is defective they will switch it out. However, most LV SA's are insisting that this issue was fixed in early 2009. You may have a hard time exchanging it unless the marks are really bad. Since your bag is so new they may just switch your rings, not your bag. Also, I doubt they will give you a refund---most likely the best case scenario would be just a new bag that's the same. Either way, go IN PERSON to the LV store you purchased it at. Hopefully they can do something. Good luck and keep us updated!