Not liking my Madison Ruby Hobo - Disappointment in a Bag

5babies4me

Jul 29, 2009
I ended up getting this bag after Coach "totaled" my Legacy Shoulder 11134. It is WAY too big for me. And I can't say that I am especially fond of anything that is out there right now.

How do you all handle a disappointment in a bag?

Now - I have worn the new bag. It is in the same condition as when I purchased it. But I don't know how I would return it after wearing it. Have any of you faced that? I kind of feel like this is such a pricey decision that there would be a "complete satisfaction" clause, maybe not.

Hi, I can commiserate. I had my heart set on a black patent Sabrina for fall. Then I found out that they were really hard to come by. So I decided to order one of the OP Art Black Sabrinas from Ebay to carry this fall and hold me over till I can find my Black patent. Op Art came today, and turns out--I hate this bag. I don't know why. I have looked at it from every angle. I don't like the size first off--I bought the small and it looks like a doll baby bag, I should definitely have gone with Large. I don't like the fabric. I don't know, i just don't like it and it has yet to grow on me. (even though it is a genuine bag in brand new condition) I'm thinking of just keeping it and giving it to my niece as a XMAS gift. I really wanted to like this bag. I love my other Sabrinas. Anyway, what's wrong with your Ruby Sabrina? Let's chalk this up to different bags for different folks!

I have bought a bag that I just "love" in the store and then get it home and don't like it! I have used it for a few hours and decided it wouldn't work. I have returned it! I think SA are used to people buying and returning - especially with the price!!! I usually moisturize it and make sure I keep all tags and my receipt!
The SA's at Nordstrom know me too well, that I see a bag and buy it! Only to have second thoughts and bring it back!! One of the SA's told me that a lady bought a bag and used if for like two years and then tried to bring it back!!! I would never that! I usually know within a week, if the bag is going to work!!!
If the bag isn't what you really want, bring it back!!! Maybe, you can find another Legacy online!
HTH!
Lynne :biggrin:

I had the Madison Ruby hobo too, I returned it a few days ago. I had it for several months, liked the look of it but just was not sure. So after I returned it, went to the outlet and bought a large black signature zoe (which is a great bag BTW!) and save a ton of money too.

It is very hard. I feel that way about the Leah. I love the name and line but I do not love the bag itself. It was in May that I got the Leah and I returned her right away and I am still not over it..

Try selling it on Ebay or Craigslist. Unfortunately, the bag was used already and can't be returned. Did you actually tried this bag on in the store or did you order it online? I'd rather see the bag IRL so there are no regrets.

Good luck and hope you find the bag you're happy with.

If you have carried it, you cant return it. I don't know one lady on here who would want to carry a bag they buy new, that someone had carried already. Yuck.

True...Don't return if you've carried it outside the house. It's one thing to load it up and carry it around the house to see how it feels, then return it w/tags on receipt, etc...and totally another to have been using it around town.