Not impressed with Mollie IRL - phew!

flyvetjo

Jo
O.G.
Jan 24, 2007
When the Mollie first came out I thought it was gorgeous! Just seen one IRL at John Lewis and why on earth did they put those weird straps on it? Not comfortable (at least i didn't think so - suppose it would soften up with use). the description on the website is so misleading too, the straps are not adjustable at all - they are sewn to the body of the bag! :wtf:certainly won't be spending almost £600 on a Mollie any time soon! i'll wait for my holy grail jaquetta one day!
On another note- could be tempted by a somerset hobo or tote in May!:graucho:

I was watching it but not sure I want a bag that well broken in! Also want to try a jaquetta on at an outlet IRL to see what the size is like and how comfy it is to carry! Also- not sure where I heard this but i'm sure someone on here mentioned that Mulberry might be bringing the jaquetta back- or was i imagining it!?

Ooh, if I could be bothered, I'd dig out the post I made in Feb when I saw the Mollie at the Bond St store - saying exactly the same thing and how you wouldn't like it IRL :toldyasosmiley: :lol:

Great that there's one off your wishlist.

The Somersets are gorgeous - really simple. I think they're so under-rated in that none of us have them :lol:but looks like that could change in May ;)

I was the same when I saw the Mollie IRL, has anyone here actually bought and kept one? Looked so promising on the website but just really big and uninteresting when seen IRL next to all the other gorgeous Mulberries...

Good for you, Jo - thats one less to obsess about...
And I totally agree about the somerset line - classy and understated. I like them all except the putty coloured messenger, that I find oddly dull. But the shopper & the tote are great!

The Mollie is not a great design - know what you mean about the straps Jo. The Jacquetta is better, it fitted over my chunky shoulders but it was a bit stiff. I'm not sure if it would soften up with use. You'd really have to try it to see what you think.