not hot enough for 07 magenta? :)

lilpicotin

O.G.
Apr 28, 2007
Hi everyone! I just received a gorgeous 07 LE Magenta City from the sweetest tPFer ever! :yahoo:

The leather is super soft and scrumptious, the best of all my bags.... however, the magenta is a bit more purple than I realized it would be from all the pictures I've seen on tPF and through the auction... it's a MUCH hotter pink/purple than I'm used to, almost shocking (well, for me). I'm definitely more of a conservative plain Jane, browns/neutrals girl... I was going to sell it immediately after I saw the color, but the LEATHER... I really love the leather...

So, I'm going to try and make it work... ladies with the 07 magenta, can you tell me what you wear it with? And do you think there's a particular personality that needs to go with this super bright color as well? :P

Attachments

• BGmag1.jpg
    BGmag1.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 169
  • BGmagenta.jpg
    BGmagenta.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 175
OMG - your bag is beautiful!! that leather looks amazing. i have no idea what "personality" goes with such a beautiful bag - kind of a weird question??? probably someone with style, i would imagine. anyway, i think that with magenta, IMO, you can wear everything - black, white, grey, jeans, greens - everything. for pink, it's very neutral :yes:

congrats and enjoy your gorgy LE :tup:

^^Yes, I would just let the color "grow on you" for awhile! Maybe your current collection is mostly neutral, but this could end up being more "you" than you would have imagined, if that makes sense :wacko: ?!? It's such a gorgeous bag and there was obviously something that drew you to the color in the first place, so I would hate to see you let it go hastily and regret it later :yes:!!

I definitely think you should keep it. It's good to get out of your "comfort zone" and try new things. I bet you'd be surprised how liberating that can be. I always stayed with white, brown or black (mostly so I didn't have to change bags too often) and when I first started looking for a new bag (what brought me here) I didn't get why the girls were buying colored bags. Now, I love them and think it's great to wear a bag with just a little (or a lot) of "pop".

The bag is stunning and you picked it for a reason! You are definitely "hot enough" for that bag, wear it proudly!

I think that color is one of the most beautiful colors ever. I love it. I love everything about the bag. I think it will go with anything. I mean jeans and a cute T-shirt. Black skirt and a silk shirt. It is just perfect.....
Let it grow on you. I am sure that once you get used to this stunning color you will love it. I myself love brighter colors and jewel tones in bags. I could never ever buy a black, brown, tan or white bag. I want something that makes a statement....
The bag is really beautiful and you are lucky to get it.

oh i love this!!! the color is so beautiful and bright! i have one and it goes great with blacks and white! also pinks and beiges!!! i dont do brown with it... keep it and use it and have fun! congrats!

Hi everyone! I just received a gorgeous 07 LE Magenta City from the sweetest tPFer ever! :yahoo:

The leather is super soft and scrumptious, the best of all my bags.... however, the magenta is a bit more purple than I realized it would be from all the pictures I've seen on tPF and through the auction... it's a MUCH hotter pink/purple than I'm used to, almost shocking (well, for me). I'm definitely more of a conservative plain Jane, browns/neutrals girl... I was going to sell it immediately after I saw the color, but the LEATHER... I really love the leather...

So, I'm going to try and make it work... ladies with the 07 magenta, can you tell me what you wear it with? And do you think there's a particular personality that needs to go with this super bright color as well? :P

I know what you mean by this, LOL

You feel you're drawing too much attention to yourself and it might not be your way...

But hey, it's spring, the bag is beautiful and fun, goes so well with jeans and a nice top, be brave!!:smile:

LOL! I guess I'm the personality type for this bag because I have one and it is one of my favorites. :yahoo: I love magenta!!! :love: I think 05 magenta is one of the best Bal colors and the 07 is pretty close. I find that it goes with so many things. It looks great with neutrals of course, especially black. But it looks good with navy and most blues, greens and lots of prints that have a little bit of that color.
It's funny because I feel like this color goes with so much and I'm having a harder time matching my bubblegum pink bag. It never comes out of the closet, poor thing! :crybaby:

I say give it a few more days, try her on with difference outfits, since you mentioned that you are more of a neutral girl, this would be a perfect pop of color. :yes: This is exactly how I felt when I got my 05 Magenta, I felt after looking thru all the photos of everyone's Magenta here, I wanted one, then when I finally got her, I was like "eh :confused1:" hahaha! But that second photos...that leather is unbelievable!!!:drool:

I really love that bag and think it looks absolutely gorgeous on you. I think that you're in a great position because having a neutral wardrobe you can wear your magenta with everything !! Let it grow on you and see how feel, but I think you're gonna love it ! :drool: