Not happy with von maur!!!! :(

lovecoachmore

Aug 21, 2008
I purchased a slim Carly at my local Von Maur about 35 days ago. I carried it out of the store and 1 other time. (About 4 hours total...if that!) I decided that the slim was NOT working for me and took it back in today to exchange I had receipt and tag. I only wanted to exchange for the medium and would have taken merch credit for any difference. NOT HAPPENING!!! The SA told me that due to the fact that the tag had been removed they could not resell it. I was FLOORED!!! The bag had not a sign of wear...what Coach bag shows signs of wear after 3-4 hours?! I don't toss them around like a wal-MArt bag! I asked for the manager and she agreed that there was no wear on the bag but because the tag was not attatched to the bag they "didn't know" how much use it had had. WHAT? I'm HOT TO TROT! I have every intention of contacting JAX and letting them know how this "certified dealer" of Coach treated a very loyal customer. I informed the manager that I would NEVER purchase another Coach bag or anyhting from their store again! We'll see where I get with JAX! Let me know if anyone has had any similiar experiences! What happened to SA's treating people that buy higher end goods with a little more care?:cursing:

No store will return if you take the tags off, not even the Coach store will take it back just because you no longer want it. Coach store or any other store will only take it back with tag removed if something is wrong with it.

No matter what bags I buy I leave the tags on untill I am sure that I am keeping it.

I just took two very expensive bags to the Coach outlet with the tags cut off and a receipt of course - just becuase I did not want them and they took both back with no problem.

just because you only wore it for 3-4 hours doesn't mean thats an excusable reason to take it back. once you've used it it becomes used and voids the return. The store was right, and JAX will tell you the same thing.

This is store policy anywhere including Coach - the only difference with Coach is that half the time the tags aren't on their bags anyway so as long as the bag looks unused, they return it

Von Maur did nothing wrong and I am sure Coach is going to see it that way since they are, I'm sure, well aware of what Vm's return policy and sales practice is before allowing them to sell Coach product in their store.

I agree with everyone else. If you used the bag with the tags off, then the bag was "used" and they shouldn't have let you return it for credit. In the future, leave the tags on and try in in your home if you are unsure you will like it. Sounds like eBay is your best bet now.

I agree with everyone else.

I did successfully return a bag to Coach that was missing its tags, but it was the day after I had purchased it, not a month later. And I did not carry it out of the store.

Your bag was technically used. I wish more stores had this policy as I have found tubes of lipstick and other trinkets in "new" bags I have looked at in some department stores.

It's not anything against Von Maur, the bag was not defective in anyway. You bought it, took it for a test drive, therefore now deemed "used" and is not re-sellable. It would be the same thing with a pair of shoes, or dress that you only wore for a few hours at an event. They are not about to take the loss just because you just didn't like it anymore.

Sorry, but I wouldn't want to purchase your bag that you only carried for a few hours. When I pay for new, I want new.... not "looks new".

ITA!!! You should just try to sell it on *Bay. Unfortunately once you cut the tags off it's yours, unless it's damaged in some way. The SA at Von Maur was just following the store's return policy...

I agree with what everyone else has already said. Once you cut the tag off and USE it, it becomes USED, regardless of whether it shows wear or not. As a retailer shopper, I'm glad they wouldn't allow the return, because I would not want to be the one that paid full price for a used bag. Definitely try ebay though. You should have no problem selling it there.