Not happy with von maur!!!! :(

Agree with the other girls. Used is used. I would be livid to know my "new" bag was previously worn out of the store and one other time.

If I wanted slightly used, I'd go to a consignment shop. Sell it on ebay and chalk it up to a lesson learned.

So if you ladies had carried a bag out of the store. Took it home and put it in it's dust bag and decided after careful consideration that it wasn't going to work for you you'd eat $400. Nice. If it would have been returned to a Coach store I'm sure it would not have been an issue. I'll go look for the post where a lady mentioned CARRYING her Coach bag into a Coach store and discussing with the SA that she wasn't real happy with it the SA said "you are not leaving here with that bag!" It was exchanged that day. A bag that was carried out of a store and put into a dustbag 2 hours later is not used. All I see on here is "i just took it back to the outlet and they swapped it out for me" and "JAX sent me a new replacement bag." I have 3 Carly's..one of which is fraying and we just keep dropping $300-$500 a bag. I do have to say that the Carly's have left a very bad taste in my mouth about Coach. I believe getting them "repaired" or "replaced" when they fray depends simply on the luck of what retail stores are around you and what SA you get. How nice for the lucky one's and for those that aren't so lucky...sell it on *bay? Not worth the hassle. Just my opinion....

I understand that its frustrating for you that you spent the money on a bag that you ended up not liking after only carrying it for a couple of days. But unless the item is defective, you can't return it. Its the same deal with clothing and shoes. The Coach boutique would have told you the same thing.

Your best bet is probably going to be selling it on ebay. If it has only been used twice, I would state that in your auction and you shouldn't have any problems selling the bag. Just make sure you set a reserve price so you can ensure that you get your money back. Good luck!

Last edited:
If you bought a dress, cut off the tags, and only wore it 4 hours to a party, they wouldn't let you take it back either. Just because the bag looks pristine doesn't mean you didn't use it...sorry. I hope you can learn to love it or unload it on *bay or something...

funny, I tried the same thing with Victorias secret and a pair of underwear. They wouldnt take them back, even tho I only used em for a few hours :nuts:

I am so kidding LOL but used is used. Some stores may take it back, but you can't count on it. Its a risk you take and you certainly can't blame the store.

Ha! Too funny!!! :nuts:

So if you ladies had carried a bag out of the store. Took it home and put it in it's dust bag and decided after careful consideration that it wasn't going to work for you you'd eat $400. Nice. If it would have been returned to a Coach store I'm sure it would not have been an issue. I'll go look for the post where a lady mentioned CARRYING her Coach bag into a Coach store and discussing with the SA that she wasn't real happy with it the SA said "you are not leaving here with that bag!" It was exchanged that day. A bag that was carried out of a store and put into a dustbag 2 hours later is not used. All I see on here is "i just took it back to the outlet and they swapped it out for me" and "JAX sent me a new replacement bag." I have 3 Carly's..one of which is fraying and we just keep dropping $300-$500 a bag. I do have to say that the Carly's have left a very bad taste in my mouth about Coach. I believe getting them "repaired" or "replaced" when they fray depends simply on the luck of what retail stores are around you and what SA you get. How nice for the lucky one's and for those that aren't so lucky...sell it on *bay? Not worth the hassle. Just my opinion....

I think you are messing with the wrong crowd!! I assume you are referring to Baglady's legacy that wasn't keeping it's shape for dropping something like $700 on it..not because she simply 'didn't want it anymore'. Plus she has a HUGE relationship with her stores/SA's. The SA gladly returned/exchanged it for her because she felt the bag wasn't supposed to be doing that. I would advise you to walk around the house with the tags attached to make sure you want a bag..I wouldn't even wear it out of the boutique unless you were absolutely sure. I bet you would have no problem selling that bad boy on the Bay..good luck:tup:

i dont see how you should be mad, you never should have taken the tags off. a couple times i have worn the bag from the coach store to the car with the tags still on and the paper inside just to see if i liked it in the natural light, never in the rain/snow/bad weather. never around the mall with my stuff in it. im sure if you look at the recipt it will say they will accept new unused returns, not used for a couple hour returns

I am sure you would get decent money back on ebay! I am sure everyone feels for your loss, but I agree used is used! I wouldn't want a used bag when paying $400 for a new bag. Ebay is not that much of hassle, if you really don't want the bag try selling it to someone who would appreciate it and get money back on it.

Carrie

I would not want to go into a store and pay full price for a new Coach bag that someone had already taken home and used, even if it was only for a few hours - used is used. I agree with the store.

When I returned my bag with the tags off I had not "worn" it at all - I had just put in on my shoulder and looked in the mirror - maybe that is why I had no problem. I agree - used is used.

Also, the point is not whether it is sometimes POSSIBLE to get away with this, as you seem to think. The point is whether you are ENTITLED to have your used product accepted by the store as new, which you definitely are not.

Whether or not women on here have exchanged bags under similar circumstances is irrelevant. Maybe they have, and they just got lucky. Stores do not take back used merchandise, and should not be expected to. You have no grounds to complain or feel cheated.