:-( Not happy with the Brooke

greyhoundgal

Mar 5, 2006
Well I got out my Quartz Brooke this morning and put my stuff in it and took it all right back out. I am going to return it and the Eggplant Brooke. I am sad...I love the look but it just doesn't feel right. :shucks:

It's an ok size. It just doesn't feel comfortable on my shoulder. It feels like it is going to slip off all of the time. And the shorter handles are really weird. I was really thinking it was going to be just like the Tribeca Shoulder Bag...but it just isn't.

I ordered one and I'll be returning it, too. For the size of the bag, the one narrow shoulder strap makes no sense. For such a large bag, you need a larger shoulder strap, or at least two. It just feels unbalanced with such a thin shoulder strap, IMHO.

I don't blame you ladies at all - I returned mine as well, for much the same reasons. She just didn't feel right, and I cannot justify spending that much for a bag I am not in love with. :sad:

I am with CoachGirlJami, if it is not right for you wait for the right one or get another of the current ones... I think you need to love all the bags you own, even at Outlet prices it is a large investment in time and money...

Awww, I'm so disappointed that you ladies don't love your Brookes (love mine so much I bought 2!). That being said, glad you returned and hope you soon find something that you truly love!

I'm sorry that you girls are not loving the Brooke bag. I really love mine so far and I haven't had any issues with the shoulder strap sliding. My biggest issue with it is that it feels like it needs to be a little bigger for everything that I need to carry (I have a 1 1/2 year old and use it as my diaper bag as well). I bought the medium size because the op art plum didn't come in the large, and I loved the color. Overall though, I really do love the bag and I like the large wristlet that I got to go with it as well because I can use that as a clutch if I don't feel like hauling my bag with me.

i am sorry to hear this, i just left the store tonight and i was thinking this would be my bday bag. i had the sam type of sholder issue with maggie. i was so hoping this would be different. and the colors are so cute...and the cancer donation was just an added bonus.. i guess it's back to the drawing board for me.

Oh nooo! I plan on getting this bag come PCE! All these bad reactions are worrying me. I should definitely try it with my stuff and see if it works out. I hope you disappointed ladies will find something better though. I'm sorry!

I really wanted to love the Brooke - especially since she was the bag that was replacing my coveted Zoe. I tried her on at the Coach boutique tonight and she just didn't work for me :sad: I'm so spoiled with my Zoes - I prefer the larger strap on the Zoe and the rounded corners at the bottom. Oh well!! I guess I'll just carry my Zoes for the next few years. I do love some of the Poppy totes though...and just scored the Parker Tan Satchel at Dillard's tonight for $140.00!!! :yahoo: It's not all about Zoe with me...but, it usually is!!!!!!!

I'm sorry she didn't work out for you, but especially at FP a bag needs to be just right. I thought the shoulder strap was a bit thin, too, for the bag size, but it still feels comfortable to me. Hopefully you'll find a new bag to love soon.